Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Let me know what you think of my site. I personally think it is to basic. But I am just a damn basic designer. Wish I knew a little more. I look at some of these sites and my goodness, pretty nice. What can I do to get a little more advanced? Here is a link to my site:
    www.autos-ads.com
    Thanks
    Jason

Member #
    If it was made in FrontPage, it looks like it was made in FrontPage. It's not a bad site in terms of content and navigation, but imo it looks to unprofessional to get business. I would at least change the link style, and put your submission form in a table so it is correctly formatted.

You may do good to just buy a template. www.templatepark.com has templates you can buy for like $50, and they can be edited in FrontPage. Nice and simple. Though they are often a tab slow loading, you can cut the graphics a bit if you want. They also normally have pretty good browser support because they are written in a mix of css and HTML.

Also, don't put your banner at the bottom, especially if it in no way goes with your site. In the rare instances when people have let me put a created by logo on their site I have at least colorized it, and that's on site I didn't even own. My suggestion, use a text link, like the ones at the bottom of this and most other sites.

A search bar wouldn't be bad either.

Member #
    Tibberous brings up some good points. Another problem with this site is that there are hardly any graphics. It's very hard to make a good design without images (it can be done, but it's a tough task). The graphic in the top left corner is too large, and it pushes the whole site down, wasting valueable space across the top of the page.

You might want to start playing around with a graphics program, and try to make a few web layouts. Keep at it, and stick around WDF, you'll learn alot here.

Member #
    i'll mirror what spluffdaddy has said, but will add this:

chose a consistent font and size for the content and use it throughout. Sans-serif fonts are generally better for screen use (Arial, Tahoma, etc). This will help with giving more of a professional feel.

I'd also change the link colours, as they're a bit garish in the default blue.

looking forward to seeing the improvements..

Member #
    Changing those links really helps the site. You couldn't have picked a better color, as it also matches the auto-ads.com picture.

Member #
    I am really excited about finding this site. Like someone mentioned before I do hope I learn a few things here. You guys have really nice sites. Tell me, does anyone here use photoimpact and if so have you built sites using it? I am really interested in other building options just don't really know where to turn. I do have photo impact, so it would be really convienient. Thanks again.
    Jason

Member #
    The best thing to do is to learn HTML and go from there. There are literally 1000's of online tutorials on HTML, not to mention all the books i have seen..

Personally, i have not used photo impact before, nor have i heard of it.

As for your web site, its a great idea and if it takes off you may start making some profit.. But what you need is a solid design. Something that will grab peoples attention straight away.
    Mayby you could look at other web sites which offer similar services as your own. Examine their design techniques and scan through their source code. You are sure to find some sort of inspiration!

Also, you must have put alot of work into that website considering you did it all in HTML.

Member #
    Great money making idea mate! How i learnt was to look on the internet at tutorials you can do with programs such as photoshop, dreamweaver, Golive and many other adobe programs then you can ur ideas from tuts a good site for it is www.psworkshop.net if you are wondering where to get the programs they can be brought off the net for very good prices. If you would like any help at all doing the site layout or design just drop me a mail i would be more than happy to help!

Member #
    Ok I have been working on changing my site a little and this is what I have come up with so far. Please let me know what you think.
    Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    thats much better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads