Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: X-treme Design

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Here's a concept I threw together at work today.... what do you guys think?

http://www.stevenmoseley.com/imationxtreme/home.jpg
    http://www.stevenmoseley.com/imationxtreme/deposit.jpg

Member #
    You suck.

I love that site. I'm not quite sure, whether or not it it goes with selling blank cd's, but it is a very nice looking site. I like the shading to give give it depth, and the overall color scheme is great. It has a lot of graphics, but they look like they should compress easily enough.

Man, If I was ever to hire a webdesigner you'd be the one I'd hire. It's just that I have no respect for webdesigners that hire webdesigners, use templates or just rip off macromedia. *sigh* Guess I'm just more programmer than designer; oh well, I try. : /

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice site, I think I might like the pic of the girl to be a picture instead of a vector, and overall make the text more readable (especially side panels). Scrolling the site makes me sick, so if you do do it make sure you can get it on one page for most machines.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Wow. Nice.

Member #
    Brak brings up a good point about the girl. Changing it to a picture may be a little extreme, but adding some more detail may be a happy medium. The side navigation looks very different between my CRT and LCD (easier to read on my CRT). Yet again, cool site man. :-)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks for the comments, guys. I think I agree about the girl. She would probably look better as a photo. As for the details (scrolling, nav, etc), thanks for the pointers... I'll definitely take those into consideration if this ever goes to production. :-P

Member #
    I have 20/20 eyesight but I still find the navigation texts a bit hard to read.. Other than that, it's a good design - I really like the color scheme, and I don't think the vector girl should be changed - you can always have real photos scattered around elsewhere, and keep your "logo" pure-cgraphics.

Member #
    its fantastic. Personally, i like the way the girl looks.. I think a detailed photo may overpower the design a bit.
    I think you could make the content box a tad bigger though.

Good job.

Member #
    I like the idea of using a vector for the girl too. I just think that the vector should be a little more detailed, as right now it doesn't have a face. I think buntine was right on with what he said about the photo overpowering the design.

Member #
    Excellent colour scheme and layout. My concerns when moving from concept to code would be the menu font/effects and the scrollbars. At 1024 in IE I wouldn't expect to see scrolls. Other than those negative aspects I think it is really cool - a fresh site!

Remove Ads