Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Not 100% satisfied with the way it turned out, but it's done... so that's a plus

Here's the site in question: http://www.interflightglobal.com

I don't like the first two banner images (Home and About), and I plan on replacing them as soon as I find something better. Other than that, I guess it's your basic high-bandwidth corporate site. Whaddya guys think?

Member #
    It looks really good. A simple, effective corporate design - since it doesn't contain complex information, this works well.

I would, however, center the intro so that the white area fills the whole screen and the flash is in the abs. center. And do check your TITLEs, they contain no info about which page you are on (which looks a bit confusing in the page history). But it's still a great design.

Member #
    looks good - not fussed on the 'about' banner, and there's something niggling at me with the 'IFG Team' banner - like the pic and colours - i think it's the position around the solid black nav bar.

also, have you considered trying the logo font in the navigation? It has strong presence, but isn't reflected on else on the site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thx for the feedback

Splash - I centered the letters of the logo (the IFG) in the white. It was originally absolute center, but the line of the airplane is so faint, it looked off.

Titles - oops !! I knew I forgot something ;-)

Nav Font - The logo fond is similar to Impact. That was my first choice for the navigation, but the client thought it was too big and bold. I might try out Impact for headers in future updates.

Member #
    Ah, but Impact is a heavier font than the one used in the logo and rarely looks good in smaller sizes. I'd go for a bold condensed cut of a regular sans-serif font such as Helvetica, Univers, Zurich, Franklin Gothic, etc. At smaller sizes, an exact font match often cannot be idendified and clarity becomes more of an issue.

still, it's a good looking site, nevertheless.

Member #
    The splash screen looks messed up in Moz Firebird. I attached a screenshot. Looks like table height=100% isn't supported?

I like the design, but the homepage looks empty. One quote, and then alot of blank space. And the color-changing bar on the left side would be a good place to put random tidbits of information, or something. On the content-filled pages it looks ok, but on the homepage that blue stripe is just another area of content-less area.

It's a great design, and that scrolling map is awesome. Nice work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Interesting about the height="100%" support issue. I was aware that pre-css browsers didn't support it, but I never really address older browsers anymore. I have been thinking about addinga footer shadow to the page (similar to wdf's), but won't do that probably until the next iteration

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    height="100%" isn't supported anywhere... except in MSHTML. Looks good, but not too fancy on some of the colors. I'd almost rather see the whole site in either that dark red or the dark blue.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads