Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: My website is cool. It also needs help.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My website is cool. It also needs help.

So this is my music website I've been working on. It's pretty unique and certainly doesn't conform to a lot of what conventional web design says is the right way to do things. It also fails to conform to what conventional programming says is the right way to do things, a.k.a. it's clunky. I like the idea and how it's going, but I'd really like to hand it off to someone who really actually knows what they're doing. All comments welcome.

http://www.mechanicabytes.com

Thanks,
    -T.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    When trying to load view it from my phone on safari and through the app all i get is a white page.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Vapr, that is because it is strictly a flash site so it won't show up on your Iphone unless you are using the Puffin Browser app which allows you to view Flash.

Anyways the site is very clunky, and definitely goes against a basic knowledge of how a site should look, feel and operate which isn't a good thing. The old screen look is silly to me seen as how we have moved away from them over the years and why would you want to go back to it, while at the same time being a music site? Just doesn't make any sense to me. To be honest the site is not practical at all, and if anything will just push people far away from it.

Member #
    Thank you for your input Fireproof. I'm definitely aware of some of the drawbacks of my choices. However, let me just say: aesthetic. That's whole point. Now certainly it could be reworked to feel a little more open and be a bit more, shall we say, user friendly. It definitely needs that. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. It's clunky because I'm a terrible programmer. I stand by the concept. Bow ties are cool.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I have to say.. I really dislike your site. The mouse is extremely slow and id much rather use my own pointer. Took me a minute or 2 to figure out how to even enter the site. I would have left before figuring it out if it was just casual browsing and not something from here.

If your going to go with the screen look. Id make it look a little more polished. The border around the site that im assuming is the casing around a screen isnt very nice to look at.

Overall its extremely slow and well, ugly. Thats coming from someone who actually would like this style. If it was done in a more polished way. If your going to stick with this style you need to really clean it up.

Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It's an interesting concept, but as Vapr mentioned, it isn't very well polished, even from an aesthetic standpoint. The flash is really killing it to a large degree. You aren't doing anything there you can't do with CSS and JS, which would be infinitely better than flash.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Banned
    Member #
    Hello

You website loading speed is more,according to search engine rules its not fine and I request to you kindly don't ask to anyone for analysis the website its spam process.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexdavd View Post
    Hello

You website loading speed is more,according to search engine rules its not fine and I request to you kindly don't ask to anyone for analysis the website its spam process.

Thanks
    I may have misunderstood the last part of this but if i didn't, its not spam to have him review the site on here as long as its within the proper section of the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's not spam. He's been warned about that twice before, but the second warning came after he posted it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads