Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx
  • 2 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx

Thread: The Millennium Outlaw

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

The Millennium Outlaw

For those of you who have heard me talk about how I was going to build my own alternative to W*rdPr*ss some day...today's some day. I have built version 1 of my very own alternative to W*rdPr*ss, with some revisions and features I want to add down the road (nothing major, though).

The first blog I've created for it is political and...well, it's intended to be outlaw political and probably contains some thoughts a lot of you will find uncomfortable and / or confusing. A lot of thoughts mesh with different political ideologies, but there are some that to the best of my knowledge haven't been explored before. That's the idea. I want some people to be uncomfortable and / or confused. I also want some people to try and hack / attack it, and the two things people get most hysterical about are politics and religion. The blog itself has certain anti-hack measures already built it that cannot exist in W*rdPr*ss as it stands right now. I won't get into what those are, but if you try accessing various WP files and pages, you probably won't like the result very much.

It only has two posts in it right now, but it will have more as I go along for obvious reasons (i.e. I have to write them at some point). I'll probably update it once or twice a week.

My primary focus is the function right now. Yes, I'll take criticisms of the content and the design, but the function is my major concern.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Daamit! Still cant see URLs on my phone! Ill have to come back to this later.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I love the copyright "not powered by wordpress" LMAO you are too funny. I notice on your contact form that the Hints are all displayed and obstruct most of the form. I like your manifesto it is spot on.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    I love the copyright "not powered by wordpress" LMAO you are too funny. I notice on your contact form that the Hints are all displayed and obstruct most of the form. I like your manifesto it is spot on.
    Ummm...no they weren't! Nuh uhhhhh! (CSS file didn't get uploaded from my dev machine...thanks for the spot.)

The WP thing is specifically for bots. Part of this site's function is to act as a giant honeypot. But glad you like my twisted humor.

Just so you've got a heads-up, though, you may not totally like the future post I have in mind on unions. I know you're a carpenter, and you know you've got my respek. But you may get angry.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    This is great. It's like a satire of the whole internetz.

And check this out:
    NotWordpress.jpg

BuiltWith says you're totally using WP. I'm going to require proof that you're not. Also, please unblock my IP, which I'm about to PM in your general direction. I totally tried to get into your backends.
    TheGAME1264 and Fireproofgfx like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You want proof that I'm not? Going into my backends didn't do that? Have a look at the source of the contact form and you'll see three hidden fields (__EVENTTARGET, __EVENTARGUMENT, and __VIEWSTATE) that are ASP.net specific. So a reasonably decent programmer should see that it isn't really WP...but bots aren't that bright, and I wasn't going for "sophisticated anti-hack technology". Just enough to trap the vast majority.

Looks like I outfoxed BuiltWith, too. I wasn't even going for that, but if I can screw with their automated heads that's awesome!
    Ronald Roe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    For the backend languages I do know, I have no idea what ASP looks like except when BW points it out. Kudos on the trickiness.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Fire away, let me know when you post the article. I am a union worker but I don't buy into everything the union tries to sell, and I don't align with them politically lol. I make great money and have good benefits which has allowed me to be a single income provider and has allowed my wife to stay home and homeschool our children, so I am not going to knock that aspect of the union.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    heh Well it'll primarily target public sector unions, so you should be okay with most of it.

Remove Ads