Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Just Re-designed Website!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Lightbulb Just Re-designed Website!

I just re-designed my website, because the first one was way too messy! so I decided to go with a one page clean look design that is also compatible with Smartphones. which was a plus I didn't have on my first attempt.
    you don't have to like the content or what it is about but I'm just looking for some constructive criticism, either good or bad.

RATE ME!!
    Last edited by SittinPerty; Jun 11th, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is, quite honestly, the nicest possible way I can put this to you...give up. Stop. Do not continue with this site idea.

I'm not going to comment on the layout or the design or anything else because absolutely none of it matters. It's a one-page get-rich-quick will-not-work-for-you-or-anyone-else-under-any-circumstances Warrior-Forumesque website. It is destined to fail for that reason alone. There's nothing original or unique or even remotely true about it...you're just parroting what a bunch of other people say who collectively know about as much about making money online as my three-year-old daughter.
    SittinPerty and Fireproofgfx like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It was my first website. and no worries i'm not offended by your comment. I started this site about 5 days ago to get referrals to my account. In those 5 days I have learned so much about SEO and niche websites i'm actually considering taking on a niche and making a website just about it. and try to make some real money. For me to do this I was concerned about my design skills. (if I even have any for a niche website)

Member #
    I agree with thegame but i consider this attempt essential i building your career in web building. You need to fail to then see what you did wrong so that in another attempt you'll avoid using the same techniques.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's tough to evaluate. It depends on 1) what your niche is; 2) whether or not you can actually build something unique and functional to support it, and; 3) whether or not you're going into that "build a niche website" eBook instant millionaire crowd. The crowd that talks about niche website building has absolutely no idea how to build something useful. It's always "set up W*rdPr*ss site, post several useless pseudo-articles, and make millions."
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The first site looks more like an abandoned project than it does an up-to-date resource that just sucks. The other ones are ugly, but by design.

Here's my vote, as it combines the worst aspects of design and content. You'd think that if he got someone to pay him a million bucks, he'd hire someone to give him a better web presence.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well I was thinking about making a Website on my uncles Restaurant. maybe a 3 page webpage. Home/Menu/History ...I think it would help him out a lot and maybe I can learn more and not follow the same errors like my referral webpage. I would use the same domain and rename it and just swap it out.... but I don't think you can do that after purchasing it or can you? what do you think of this idea? srry I did not mean to make you web design masters mad....I was looking for professionl opinions! but quess I deserve it for posting that website. lol
    Last edited by SittinPerty; Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, that's a different niche. I just wasn't sure because of the current website you have up and my knowledge of the "Niche Website Mastery Empire Building Super Rocket Ride to #1 Awesomeness" BS courses out there.

You can definitely do that and learn from it...mind you, a restaurant site may be tough sledding depending on where you are in JAW-ja and the competition surrounding you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks! I will post it up once i'm done, I have to get his menu and I want to take some pictures of the place maybe 8-10 and pick 2 or 3 to put on the webpage. Logo and maybe some client reviews would be good to put in there. Google Map it has well.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    LOL my neighbor is a handyman. He does general home maintenance for peoples home's. Today he called me over while I was washing my car to give me his business card he just had done. I noticed he didn't have a webpage on this card. I told him I could do a webpage for him and that I could have it done by tomorrow. He is in his 40's and knows nothing about internet advertisement, very old school. so I went ahead and did this One pager/landing page for him.
    I'm sure he will like it. Just wanted some other opinions on it before handing it over to him. keep in mind this is my 2nd Webpage I have ever created...lol

Landmark Services

Remove Ads