Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Your opinion to a Newbie on logo creation

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion about these samples we've made to a website called Rappacy.

The website is specialized on making custom rap songs to their clients.

We have tried some experiments that are attached on the file, any feedback is welcome, either on excluding some of the logos, choosing the best one or even making some adjustments to the main idea.

Thank you very much in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I like version 12 the best, I like the choice of font as well and the difference in Rap pacy color.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    BTW, I highly doubt you are a Newbie, just saying.... You have proper color technique that makes the logo flow and your styles aren't over done like most "noobs"

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I like #12, but I think it might look better if you flatten the color instead of the black-red-black gradient.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Hey guys, thank you for your feedback!

Here are some new variations of #12 and some new ideas:

Do you still think #12 (now #8) would be the best to go with or do the new variations look better than the original?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I like #10 on the new set. It's exactly what I was talking about before: #12 minus the gradient.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Hey guys, thank you so much for your feedback.

As you know, Rappacy makes custom Rap songs to their clients, so the main principles on the logo would be:

SOUND: Represented by the headphones and the microphone

CREATION: Represented by the “sound wave” that intentionally resembles an ECG wave or “heartbeat” to get the idea of the birth of a new song

ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE/CUSTOM: The part of “accessible to everyone” can be represented by the circle which can be interpreted as a globe/Earth (anyone can have a rap song). On the other hand, the part of “custom” can be represented by the shape of an head, which represents the fact that any person can have his own song

SIMPLICITY: We want the logo to be as simple as possible, but we want also to represent the principles stated above

Based on these four main principles, and on the precious feedback you have provided, we have made this short selection of 4 logos:

We would love to know your last feedback regarding these 4 samples we've made combining your opinion with the main principles that Rappacy represents.

Thank you in advance

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I like the 4th one.. Its simple and it communicates the message you are trying to portrait. Only thing i would do is put the name outside the circle like the other 3. Im not really a fan of the headphones. If you are looking for simple thats the best.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Fireproofgfx and Ronald Roe, thank you both for your feedback, we have done a flat color version of OLD #12 and we have put the name outside the logo.

Why are gradients a 'no-no' on logo design? We will work exclusively online, so we don't need to print the logo, is that the reason to have a B&W/flat color logo or is there another reason?

Vapr_Arts, thank you very much for your feedback In our main principles we have stated that the 'heartbeat' can represent the creating of a new music (giving life to a new masterpiece) and the general public likes #1. On the other hand, designers prefer #4, but the 'hearbeat' without the headphones can be quite confusing, because we have nothing directly related to music.

Also, we would like to refer that the circle of #1 can represent the "world" - which means that the Rappacy service is available to everyone - on the other hand, we like the NEW #3 because of it's uniqueness and also the fact that the 'head shape' can represent that the music can be customized for each client, that it is something personal.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I completely understand the heartbeat and such.

The thing with design that most non designers dont understand is "Less is More" sort of thing.. In school they tell is to keep it simple.

I think you can do without the headphones and it will still feel right. Like they mentioned on the other forum. With the headphones i see Audacity. The logo without headphones can still portrait a music feel.

Non designers have the problem of adding TOO much at times. Not sure who said it of if im even going to quote it 100% correctly but the saying is " A piece is done when you cant take anything else away, rather than when theres nothing more you can add"

The reasons gradients are a no-no in design is because of print issues. If you plan to stay only online then use them all u want. The thing is, what if you become extremely successful? What if this thing just explodes and your the next big thing? Will it happen? Who knows. But if it does happen, you may have problems. My advice is to start right from the beginning.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads