Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

(Noob)Simple Functionality Question(I assume simple)

I will preface this with saying that my coding skills/knowledge aren't that great.. I can get by but I am most certainly a noob...also if I can achieve this without using CSS, the better. I'm designing a very basic image based web page(no text) and just basically using photoshop slices to build it.

Ok here's what I'm trying to do:

So I have a page I'm designing and it's split right down the middle vertically, so there's a left side and a right side.

I want it to work so that the right side can scroll up and down while the left side remains constant and does not move.

I'm assuming I can achieve that easily by making the left side a background image (right?)

but let's say I wanted to make 3 clickable links(3 sliced photoshop jpg's) on the stationary side?

What can I do to achieve that?
    (I assume the background image technique would no longer work in that case)

Again, I don't want to bring CSS into this, I'm trying to keep this as basic and noob friendly as possible.

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question with a super easy answer

Thanks guys!!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    There is a super easy answer, but it's the one you don't want: use CSS. You cannot do this without it. Even when you slice it out of Photoshop, you'll get CSS. Granted, it'll be crappy, garbage CSS that will break from browser to browser, but it'll give you CSS nonetheless.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    In my opinion CSS is "basic and noob friendly"

To be honest its the easiest way to do what you want. You would only make things more complicated trying to do it without CSS. If you want simple go with CSS..

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads