Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Question My website

Hello, I just started this website, and I would like some reviews and comments about it! What do you think about it? Here is the link: Da Vindice

Thank you a lot!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Its taking a really long time to load in for me. Tried on both my desktop and cellphone and unless its my wifi having an issue theres somethin causin it to be very slow. Ill be honest i waited about 2 minutes n all i got was a white page on both devices.

Maybe someone else can chime n and tell you if its me or you (it could very well be somethin on my end. Comcast has been givin me issues lately)

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

AJG
    Member #
    It looks nice, but one thing I noticed is that search engines might have a hard time navigating it. It seems like your nav bar at the top is created dynamically. If you right click one of the links and click inspect element you can see it, but if you view the page source it can't be seen. Here's a site that shows you what a search engine sees when it visits your site. Free SEO Software Tool & Text Browser, Search Engine Optimization Tools - SEO Browser

If there are no links to your pages it can't get to them, and if it can't get to them they won't be indexed and show up in google/bing/yahoo/etc.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey Site looks nice ...
    And may be font is so lightly.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Your site is really slow, specifically the Catalog and Collections. Overall the site looks nice, makes me want to buy a watch. The font is to small on the Our Universe page.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It was my internet that was causing the problem.

I like the site. The only thing i don't like is the white flash while the transitions happen. And they seem a little off center to me. Other than that its a really nice looking site

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like the black colour, the images take sooooooo long to load.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The white bg between the animations on the homepage seems out of context.
    You must stylize the text in Our Universe. It seems dull compared to the efforts you put in the homepage.
    Do something (like resizing the images) on the Catalog page to decrease load time.

Sent from my Nokia_XL
    Last edited by vishalbiswas; Jul 19th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I like the site. The only thing i don't like is the white flash while the transitions happen. And they seem a little off center to me. Other than that its a really nice looking site
    I agree. I really like your site. The white flash is annoying. For usability, you should highlight the active navigation item. I am also missing a hover effect on the links. Looking at your source, I would recommend using a stylesheet (at the moment it's all inline from what I can tell). You can also use some more CSS instead of images for things such as the dividers in the nav.

Keep in mind not to overdo it with the gold. How about some silver or white?
    Last edited by doniewebdesign; Aug 06th, 2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Update

Remove Ads