Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review Web Designer Site

I have two main sites, my main web design site (CA Programming), and a new site (code.caprogramming) that I am trying to launch. I'd like opinions on both (links are below), especially the second one as it is still under construction and I'm looking for direction.

www.caprogramming.com

code.caprogramming.com

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    On the 1st link the menu and the company name overlap. I see half the logo and "programming" and the menu overlaps the word programming making it hard to see.this is just on the home page but i also notice the color changed? Why?

Id remove the donate button. Thats just a bad business move in my opinion.

The Contact link in your menu is not aligned with the rest of the buttons.

The images on your project page takes a lil too much time to load in. Have you optimized them for web?

The second link:

Your banner is not displaying properly. It works when i scroll away from it but if its stopped its just a black background. It looks like its an issue with the menu because when i click the menu button it opens up exactly where the problem is.

The rest of the site doesn't even work so cant comment on anything else.

Im viewing from my phone and usually that would be a problem for some. But you are offering responsive designs and such so i feel you should have these things corrected.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    On the 1st link the menu and the company name overlap. I see half the logo and "programming" and the menu overlaps the word programming making it hard to see.this is just on the home page but i also notice the color changed? Why?

Id remove the donate button. Thats just a bad business move in my opinion.

The Contact link in your menu is not aligned with the rest of the buttons.

The images on your project page takes a lil too much time to load in. Have you optimized them for web?

The second link:

Your banner is not displaying properly. It works when i scroll away from it but if its stopped its just a black background. It looks like its an issue with the menu because when i click the menu button it opens up exactly where the problem is.

The rest of the site doesn't even work so cant comment on anything else.

Im viewing from my phone and usually that would be a problem for some. But you are offering responsive designs and such so i feel you should have these things corrected.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Thanks for the input. I have fixed all the errors you have mentioned and my sites look much better. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I checked out the site on both my Iphone 5 as well as on the PC, the menu is fine and doesn't overlap the logo. I do see that Contact link in the menu is over to left one or two spots making it look off centered. I like the look and feel of your site! I think you did a great job!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    1. You don't need to talk about the evolution of your site. Clients don't need to see that. Put that in a misc. blog or something.
    2. Your slider is messed up. I'm not sure what the logic is, but it's constantly resizing the height when a slide appears. Looks bad.
    3. You need to learn how to optimize pics for the web. On the projects page, that first image loaded slowly... it's 600kb for a small image like that. It should be around 60kb. Make it a jpg and then match the bg color with your site bg color.
    4. Your menu icon overlaps logo on a smaller screen.
    5. You're a programmer, yet you don't talk about your work scope in your projects. Please do this, so important. What languages did you use? What solution did you provide? How does the application benefit the client? etc.

Other than that, I like it and it has a nice look, esp. bc most programmers' websites are quite boring looking.

Remove Ads