Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review/Rate website and your opinions?

My website is called T3CHSMASH and it can be found at T3CHSMASH | Tech Reviews | Unboxings | Tutorials and Much More. Feel free to review, rate and let me know what you think about it.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Its a wordpress site, not much to really review. The theme isn't yours and the images probably aren't either. Though the logo is very distracting which is probably one thing you did make lol.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It's almost like you've added a semi-grunge style logo to a theme you downloaded and asked us to review it as if it were your own work.

Actually, that's exactly what you did.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    I apologize if it seemed as though I was trying to pass it off as solely my work but this was not my intention. I did however create all the graphics and took most of the images myself. For work that is solely mine, you can check out For Goodness Bake, KAW Drums |Custom Drums| (still under development), Devtech Solutions |Web Design|Logo Design|Graphic Design|Computer Repairs| - Home, and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...phy/index.html (still under development also, hosted on Dropbox temporarily so the customer can view the updates as they happen.)

All graphics and logos were created by myself from scratch.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    If you can code those sites why would you want your personal website to look like a cookie cutter theme? I don't understand. I am really not trying to bust your balls. It's just hard to review a site that someone said they made when in fact all they did was find a theme and run with it. I have had some clients specifically ask for wordpress sites and I tell them I can't/won't do it, they can go somewhere else, especially because the clients I work with are political campaigns and most political sites are all wordpress themes and they tend to look tacky when every candidate is using the same template.

Member #
    Oh I understand. The main reason I went with WordPress is because the site's purpose was mainly to support my YouTube channel and I needed to quickly post up articles. However once I'm doing a website for a client it's 100% custom built. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    There's no problem with using Wordpress. A CMS is a generally good choice for dynamic content. The custom work comes in on the theme for the site.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Cant really review the KAW site and not sure why you included it? Its coming soon and all thats there is some images and copy.

Devtech site has some issues with padding. The copy runs right up against the edge of the window.

Other than that they seem ok. Nothing that wows me. Mainly because theres not very much content.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yeah I agree that your Logo doesn't even look like the rest of your site... It looks like the only thing you actually designed... you should keep the Under layer T and get rid of or make a new Over Layer....the 2nd Layer for it isn't very attractive...Good Luck!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Drop shadows for logos only work when the logo is widely recognized and used to accentuate a given theme that is utilized for marketing. Think of Nike. You don't even need the name "Nike" in an advertising campaign, just the swoosh. You can play with that all day long and render as much layer effects as you like, the end result is still the same. Logo design 101...can you make it monochrome (black and white, 2 dimensional) and it still work? Will it fit inside the dimensions of a quarter and still have the same impact or will the end user squint to try and figure out what it is? There is something to be said for utilizing Wordpress. There are two distinctly different sides to the issue. Myself, I look at is as "Why reinvent the wheel when all you have to do is set it spinning and it works?" Dynamic sites can be a real nightmare and the more you have helping you, the better. That being said, you can easily fall into the cookie cutter realm and that can be just as detrimental as constantly having to update your site manually. Go with what works and makes you comfortable. Posting your work on a forum that allows anyone to take a shot at your work takes balls. I would definitely work on your logo and lose the drop shadow. Sure it might look cool in one medium, but it won't carry over to much else. You might try using negative space. For instance, the "T" in the background might be better utilized as implied through the use of negative space with the grungy overlay defining its shape and you could lose the drop shadow and still achieve the same effect, just in 2 dimensions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads