Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Review please

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review please

My client has given me a specific list of things he wants and I've brought them all to the table, personally I think the site is a bit off. The content he wanted is supposed to be humorous but professional and the features requested he likes, I'd like opinions from the outside so I know what to tell him in regards to my opinions and his wants.
    It's wordpess so he can add to it as he sees fit, so I'm limited in some respects.
    I'd like to know:
    Does the site flow well?
    Is it usable from an endusers stance?
    Anything that doesn't fit from your point of views?
    Thanks!
    Home | TaxLienHelp.org

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Member #
    After seen this website i have get following aspects :-

1. Site Flow/Speed is good.
    2. Some correction needed if you want to usable for end users show some points wise paragraph. also keep heading then user more know about this so try these from mine side what i think.
    3. At last try to make more attractive like footer header also put some images.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Right off the top, don't make Helvetica Neue your default font. It looks awful on a Windows system when the user has it installed. Arial first, then Helvetica Neue. Or Roboto if you prefer.

Second, I get why your client wants it to be "cute". It sounds nice, friendly and inviting. The problem is that your client is missing the point completely. Anyone dealing with a tax lien situation is probably going to be pretty stressed out as a result and isn't looking for "cute" as much as "answers". Take me seriously, help me solve my stuff, and then we can be cute later. You can be nice and friendly and professional without being "cute".

One thing I noticed that was weird:

Tax Lien Discharge vs. Offer In Compromise | TaxLienHelp.org

The blue line goes through the header.

Personally, I think the front page is nicely laid out overall (content notwithstanding) and the other pages should match that general style. The effect on the headers can go, though. Doesn't really add anything. But if you break things down in columns, then you'll be a lot further along. The pictures...if you can find non-stock photos, use those. If not, I guess you're stuck with stock photos.
    Stryke_the_Orc likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Right off the top, don't make Helvetica Neue your default font. It looks awful on a Windows system when the user has it installed. Arial first, then Helvetica Neue. Or Roboto if you prefer.
    Will do, thanks!

Second, I get why your client wants it to be "cute". It sounds nice, friendly and inviting. The problem is that your client is missing the point completely. Anyone dealing with a tax lien situation is probably going to be pretty stressed out as a result and isn't looking for "cute" as much as "answers". Take me seriously, help me solve my stuff, and then we can be cute later. You can be nice and friendly and professional without being "cute".
    This was my entire concern about his content. I'll give him a few edited versions and see if he bites.

One thing I noticed that was weird:

Tax Lien Discharge vs. Offer In Compromise | TaxLienHelp.org

The blue line goes through the header.
    That definitely needs to be fixed, thanks for the heads up!

Personally, I think the front page is nicely laid out overall (content notwithstanding) and the other pages should match that general style. The effect on the headers can go, though. Doesn't really add anything. But if you break things down in columns, then you'll be a lot further along. The pictures...if you can find non-stock photos, use those. If not, I guess you're stuck with stock photos.
    I'll look for other images as well, I had used what he provided when he sent me the initial list of things he wanted, and the header effect was not my ideal design so I'll try to talk him out if that also.

Thanks for the input, its greatly appreciated

TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No worries, boss. I figured you wanted someone to have your back on the content.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Website speed is awesome, though it is not appealing and attractive to user's eyes.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaribhai View Post
    Website speed is awesome, though it is not appealing and attractive to user's eyes.
    Suggestions as to what would be more appealing are welcome, blind statements such as this don't leave me with anything to improve upon.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    In my opinion the site is too simple .
    The logo is to far to the left . You should move it .
    Also the same with menu .
    You could add some header image or at least rectangle in the center .
    You should change the pictures sizes - or add some outline to it . For example grey outlined rectangle .

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've made such suggestions to my client, however he's a bit on the stubborn side and wants things his way. I'll reiterate the suggestions, but at this point I fear its a lost cause.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The responsive part is not working well the best way to say it is with an image.
    ss.jpg
    Stryke_the_Orc likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads