Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

First Website (small business site)

I decided to build a website for my girls small business after dabbling with html & css. It can be found @ spotoncleaning.webuda.com. Any tips are very welcomed. I just pray the site looks okay on varying screen resolutions, as I did use em & % where I could.

note: I'm sure it isn't ready for mobile devices as I haven't really looked into how to make the site "mobile safe" or what not. I also haven't got a proper domain and webhosting yet. That will come soon.

Kind Regards,
    _David_
    Last edited by _David_; Sep 09th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    David,

Great to hear you are helping your girl (daughter? or girlfriend?) out.

Here's my critique.

1. It wasn't obvious that the vacuum hose was an S in your logo. I would suggest starting with an S and then trying to make it look like a vacuum cleaner than the other way around.

2. More details about the cleaning process would be nice. For example, I'd like to know what a "deep clean" is.

3. FAQ page would be great. How to pay? How long does it take? Are there chemicals used? How long to wait for the chemicals to dry and evaporate?

4. You should make it so that when people click on the logo, it goes back to the homepage.

5. Suggestion: before and after pics. If you guys are out in Alaska, I imagine a lot of people track in mud. Before and after would really highlight the importance of the service.

That's about it.

Member #
    Thanks for the tips. So far the site is in "pseudo mode". Prices, processes, etc etc are just filler atm and don't represent the final. I was more concerned about how the site looked in any case. I would use wordpress / drag and drop stuff, but I wanted to write all of the code myself.

regards

Remove Ads