Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please critique and advice for my first website.

I know it is not updated but I wanted it not to be modern to know about the css layouts more.I'm willing to learn all tips and responses just to learn more, an idea of things. I am not a designer, I just knew how to code html and css.

Hoping for code review and design knowleagable feedback, Thank you.

Here is my site: Rj Enterprises
    Last edited by graphicnerd; Sep 13th, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I wonder why I can never get to the links you post. It seems like everyone else can, and the forums software was able to get there to take a screenshot. Weird.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The graphics are borderline horrible from the slider with it's stretched image of the tractor, the blurred photo and building photo that is way to white to its 80's looking featured bar cutting across the whole screen. When showing up at the front page, nothing tells me what the website is about or why I should stick around to find out. There is no appeal to dive deeper into this mystery. You should do some photo editing on the business photo, if nothing else level the building in the photo.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    The graphics are borderline horrible from the slider with it's stretched image of the tractor, the blurred photo and building photo that is way to white to its 80's looking featured bar cutting across the whole screen. When showing up at the front page, nothing tells me what the website is about or why I should stick around to find out. There is no appeal to dive deeper into this mystery. You should do some photo editing on the business photo, if nothing else level the building in the photo.
    I'm really not good at design, I want to be a front-end developer somehow that's why I'm making awebsite.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Front end is mainly all design. Other than javascript thats really exactly what it is.

Your problem is mainly the photos and artwork weren't chosen appropriately, or weren't formatted for what you want to do. As for the logo you do not have to design your own logo. You can hire a designer to do that for you. A front end designer doesn't have to be able to design logos. Logos are a lot of work and not all designers (with an education) can accomplish them much less the average joe.

What you should do if you are seriously interested in this is to learn a little about design theories and principles.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Front end is mainly all design. Other than javascript thats really exactly what it is.

Your problem is mainly the photos and artwork weren't chosen appropriately, or weren't formatted for what you want to do. As for the logo you do not have to design your own logo. You can hire a designer to do that for you. A front end designer doesn't have to be able to design logos. Logos are a lot of work and not all designers (with an education) can accomplish them much less the average joe.

What you should do if you are seriously interested in this is to learn a little about design theories and principles.

Front-end developer

2.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    If thats what you want to believe be my guest. I disagree tho.. You may not be using your own designs, but if html/css doesn't make up the websites design please tell me what does.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    If thats what you want to believe be my guest. I disagree tho.. You may not be using your own designs, but if html/css doesn't make up the websites design please tell me what does.

Laser focus in CSS architecture.

I really like CSS so I don't focus on design maybe. I am not a 2.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    This is all opinion.. Also how long ago was that article written? It may have been awhile..

Now a days i doubt someone will hire you to do JUST css.. Especially if they have to hire another person to design it. Most designers are now being taught html/css/js because its quickly become apart of the job requirements.

Look at job listings.. Its gunna be hard to find something that is so specific to what you want to do.

You can take as many screenshots as you want, you can try n prove me wrong as long as you want. It wont change reality. And the reality of the matter is this may have been an option in the past but in todays day these things have combined.. I am not trying to discourage you.. Im just warning you..

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The article is actually only from last year. The idea of front-end "development" is to focus more on how the user interacts with the back-end via front-end elements. The elements required to do that step a little beyond what traditional web designers tend to be capable of. The extent of most designers' ability to work with JavaScript lies somewhere between copy-pasting jQuery plugin scripts and moving an element from point A to point B.

That said, "front-end developer" is quickly swallowing the design aspect as well, since design firms and clients are beginning to realize they're paying more for it, and it's really just cheaper to pay a designer to learn JS to an actual functional level.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads