Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

First Website - need opinions and help

Home - European Homemakers

This is my first website, I am trying to learn more about web design.

I would like some feedback on the design of the site. Im not sure about the font color i used, it seems a little too dark for me. The original floor background is much brighter, i just darkened it a little and added some blur to it.

I also dont know what to do on the bottom navigation bar.

Lastly, the lighter tan boxes are what i used to kind of set the text apart from the background, not sure if that was a good decision or not.

Thanks for your feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Choose a different font and color in my opinion.. You have 3 different fonts that dont really compliment each other.. Especially the script font with the serif font.

The color isnt too dark at all.. It just doesnt have good contrast to the background. The company name is darker than the rest of the fonts and it looks alot better.

Do you need a bottom nav? Your page isnt that large? Id remove it.. Just looks like your trying to add things just to add them ( a no no in design)

I cant see any tan boxes.. So cant comment on them

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    would it be boring if i just did all the text in black font?

i'll get rid of the bottom nav, thanks

and the tan boxes are on the services page.

Member #
    also, what font(s) would you suggest?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Im horrible with font names.. So i cant really suggest you any.. I will say that you should limit the fonts to maybe 2 3 at most.. I can count 3 on just the home page..

The services page looks alot better.. The bolder fonts make for more contrast..

The pages all feel like different websites so to speak.. The layout should be somewhat similar on all pages.. If you do one thing on one do it on the other if you can.. Example: the tan boxes you mentioned.

Make the fonts the same as well.. Like dont have one font for a heading on one page and a different font for a heading on another..

The contact page needs some help.. The text goes outside of the tan box for one.. Its too thin and the box isnt aligned with the map.. It should be.. Id also make it more of a list.. Rather than a paragraph.. Cause that is how you do it on the other 2 pages..

The space between the icons on the service page are off too.. If you have space between the phone icon and the "Tel" word you should do the same with the envelope icon and the word "Email"

All in all.. Try and be more cohesive..

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    i would deffo change the font especially the colour but I love the simplicity of your homepage

Member #
    Good Day

I think that for a first try it looks great just try and optimize the images. Use this tool Compress Image - Compressnow it works really great!!! and it will speed up your site a lot.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think the tan boxes on your "Services" page do help the text stand out better. Maybe on your Home page you might use all black font or implement a tan box there as well.

I agree with Vapr_Arts, you probably don't need navigation on the bottom of your pages since your pages aren't all that long.

On your contact page, the areas you serve contact is extending beyond the tan box. You should adjust the height & width of the box & match to the contents.

On the positive side, I like the light woodgrain background and the simplicity of design.

Remove Ads