Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chargersrool
  • 1 Post By DMayer

Thread: Website Review please what do you and don't you like? Thanx!!!

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Red face Website Review please what do you and don't you like? Thanx!!!

Hi Everyone

This is my website to advertise web design.

Thank you for your time to have a look at what I have done.

Please give me a quick or long review.

Home - The Signs Lab

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The website takes a while to load, background seems too punchy, and I can barely read the logo.
    Also the background logo doesnt seem to fit.
    evolzation likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The website looks like you grabbed a template or installed wordpress and just punched some shoty images into it. It doesn't have a design presence and lacks direction. I would suggest redoing your background graphic image as well as your main site logo. Also, take a second look at your color scheme.
    When you do your images in Photoshop save for web using .png
    This will save the image using only the color palette and colors within your image thus saving you load time issues— Your image sizes will be drastically smaller.

You can go here for more info on photoshop image resizing:Saving Web Ready Images
    Last edited by DMayer; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    evolzation likes this.

Member #
    Hi chargersrool

Thank you for your time I appreciate it. Am still busy optimizing and it is run out of a South African server so will load slow for you.
    Last edited by evolzation; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

Member #
    Hi DMayer

Thank you for taking time to write a review. You gave me a lot to think about and I will definitely be making some big changes.
    Last edited by evolzation; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Lightbulb My Quick Response

At first glance it looks alright. A few minor things:

• Your large topper gets cut off on my screen. All I can read of it is: "HE SIGNS LA" You might want to use a smaller font, or resize it?
    • Your tiled background has really visible lines. You might want to edit it so that it tiles seamlessly. I used my graphic design program to edit your background and here's a pretty seamless tile (at least as long as the link lasts LOL)bumpyBG.jpg
    • I like the map on your contact page. One quick thing you might add there is a link to driving directions. You can either do a text link or you can make the map itself the link. Just a thought.
    • I noticed that your "Signs" page is still under construction. As a general rule, I normally don't add pages until I can put content in them fairly soon. But I'm guessing you're probably going to fill that page's content in fairly soon, so it's not a big deal, I guess. Just saying that if I were a customer looking for a sign, I would have been disappointed to find that page blank.
    • As to your pricing page, I can only pass along the advice that someone gave to me -- putting specific prices up on your website limits your profit potential. You might simply want to put something like: "contact us for a price quote" for most projects because some jobs will require more work than others? Again, just a thought
    • On your portfolio page, when I clicked on a thumbnail to see the project in more detail, it took about 30 seconds or so for the larger picture to load. You might want to consider a less complicated way to display your gallery so that the time from clicking on a thumbnail to the display of the larger picture loads more quickly. A good script that I've found useful can be found HERE

All in all, I'd say your website looks pretty clean & functions well.

Remove Ads