Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DMayer
  • 1 Post By eUsability
  • 1 Post By Vallih

Thread: Website Review, please.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Website Review, please.

Hi,

My website is Welcome to Blue Puzzle Design

I launched it last week, and would like to get some feedback/opinions/criticism/ any thoughts at all on it, please.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like it. It's simple and elegant.
    However, It does seem to be lacking a little bit as far as content is concerned- but since you just launched it a week ago that is to be expected. I would suggest adding a favicon, some more written content and some call to actions with pricing and or package details on your main page. Something more than just your circle bubble features. That way your bounce rate isn't terrible and you draw customers into your contact or package information pages. You should place these call to actions on each of your pages so they lead your potential customers to an inquiry form or something similar.
    BluePuzzleDesign likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there, I whipped up a quick 10 minute usability test of your website (basically my video review testing out your site and seeing how it works, how I felt as a user trying it out for the first time) and I offered some suggestions:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am using an iPhone 4S to view your website. The responsive design looks great and the content drew me in to read more.

But the design went out of mobile view when I clicked on the development , mobile site, and support tab. Might just be my issue but hope that helps. (:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by eUsability View Post
    Hi there, I whipped up a quick 10 minute usability test of your website (basically my video review testing out your site and seeing how it works, how I felt as a user trying it out for the first time) and I offered some suggestions:

Firstly, thanks very much for taking the time to create that video, it was very good to see it from an "outsider's" POV, so to speak.

The image I used to represent design is supposed to be the Colour Picker tool, but it does have a lot of similarity to a pipette, which you did point out, so I think I'll change that.

With regards to the layout and functionality of the site, I originally started it as a one-pager, but then expanded and expanded, and I am now in the process of moving the different pages onto their own, errr, page, but it was good to hear someone point out the inconsistency and the strange 'flow' throughout the site.

The contact form, I genuinely drew a blank when trying to think of how to phrase the "enter message here" bit, I think I'm going to put "for more information on our services, or if you have a question or inquiry, please use this form to contact us"

Again, thank you very much for taking the time do that video, it was massively helpful!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Lightbulb Off to a good start

I like the design, but I will say I'm not a fan of white text on dark backgrounds. Maybe that's just a personal preference.

Just passing on some advice that someone gave to me: Don't put prices on your website. That limits your income potential. Also, some projects may require more time & work than others will. You might consider simply describing the packages and then put a link to your contact page that says something like "Contact us for a free quote."

Hope that helps!

Remove Ads