Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi WDF!

I updated the screenshots to an HTML page after suggestions and feedback from many web designers like yourselves.
    Larger Vision, Inc. is a non profit organization defending civil/human rights and is based here in Chicago. There is a flash piece in the center bottom as well , now.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
    http://www.innervisioninternational.com/caesar/larger/

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks good. The only two things I've noticed are that it takes quite a while for the background graphics to load over 56K and the flash intro restarts if the browser is resized (I'e only tested in IE).

Member #
    first thing i noticed is the load time.. Im on a 512 connection here and it took over 2 minutes to display.

Its an impressive web site. I look forward to seeing the end product.

Member #
    Thank you both mossoi and buntine!!

I appreciate your comments. I guess my obvious next step would be to 'lighten' the image load huh? It's weird, buntine that you say it takes over 2 minutes to load on a 512 connection(I am assuming that is DSL o greater)... Because I tested it on a 56 K here at home and it loads in about 22 seconds on first load(I know thats still long)... so I was rather shocked when you said it took over 2 minutes!! Are you completely sure?
    I am not disagreeing with you but just need to know what steps I can take to get the load lightened up.

Im glad you'll like the design- Any suggestions in terms of color, layout of imagery? You dont have to reply if you dont want to, but it would be helpful to know. Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's very nice. Some better stuff for the nav maybe and it'll be perfect. I too look forward to seeing the end product. Also note it loaded in about 5 sec from my DSL connection... might be something weird w/ bunttime's connection.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Thanks alot brak(I love that username!)

You think the nav needs work- maybe it does.. The more I look at it, the more I feel it's plainess. Good point. What would you suggest I do with it? Different color, add icons, create angles, ? Just wondering.

Thanks again though.

Member #
    true. I was using a networked connection. There was probably about 70 people using the same internet whilst i was.

Now that i think about it, i could have downloaded about 4 megs in two minutes, so there must have been something wrong with the pc i was on.
    I checked it again on my home computer and it took about 35 secs on my 56k. Which is fine, i think.

Member #
    oh and my name is buntine, not bunttime LOL. Why does everyone screw it up?

Member #
    I like it, but you may want to optimize that a little more.

I noticed you had some masked graphics behind "feature of the week". If you made that entirely gray, it really wouldn't take away from the site, as it's a very linear design.

Also, concerning the loading time: your server may have something to do w/ that as well. Do you have access to another server where you could test loading times?

Member #
    I like the design, but a few comments:
    1. The flash piece on the front page loops. This wouldn't be a huge problem if you didnt have SOUND in it. Solution: Get rid of the sound. I'm not a fan of music on websites, and this music isn't really doing much for you.
    2. Your background is tiling. I have a large resolution, and your bg repeats.
    Other than that, good job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads