Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx
  • 1 Post By RDesignista

Thread: Online truffle store, please revue

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Online truffle store, please revue

Hi,

Ive just knocked together a site for my new business of selling fresh Italian Truffles

Buy Fresh Truffles Online

What do you guys think?

Theres some pages that still need content but overall its nearly there.

interested to hear what you think of the design, does it inspire you to buy truffles etc.

As with most of my sites I dont like the design anymore and am thinking of making it much more luxurious but just going to run with it like this for a few months first to see how it does.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I like your site, everything seems to work well together, overall colors, the layout, fonts, pictures and the background with its sharp crisp image of your product. Very nice! I don't have any input from what you have already done. Nice job.
    medlington likes this.

Member #
    The company, quick links and account, and varieties at the bottom don't look quite right to me. I would put the 'how to store truffles' inside on of the other tabs and move some of the stuff at the bottom up.

The rest looks great though.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwood View Post
    The company, quick links and account, and varieties at the bottom don't look quite right to me. I would put the 'how to store truffles' inside on of the other tabs and move some of the stuff at the bottom up.

The rest looks great though.
    thanks, yeah I should atleast even them up so theres the same amount of links in each section on the bottom.

i think Ill remove all the varieties for the time being and place them inside their own section too.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I think it's okay, pretty nice, but could use improvements. I feel like the design doesn't match what you're selling though. Aren't truffles a luxurious French item? If so, I feel that your site needs to reflect that. It's a suitable site for a farm foods seller, but I think it could be made to look a little nicer... it's kind of like how you'd expect a more elegant looking site from a tire company if they were supplying tires for BMWs versus Toyotas. Also, that background image needs to go. Although I'm sure truffles taste good, they don't actually look very pretty -- they are fungus afterall, so you might want to find a prettier background image... perhaps a large picture of a truffle field, like the one in your banner? Also, I'm curious, what e-commerce system did you use for your site? And why?
    Last edited by RDesignista; Nov 16th, 2014 at 03:46 AM.
    medlington likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista View Post
    I think it's okay, pretty nice, but could use improvements. I feel like the design doesn't match what you're selling though. Aren't truffles a luxurious French item? If so, I feel that your site needs to reflect that. It's a suitable site for a farm foods seller, but I think it could be made to look a little nicer... it's kind of like how you'd expect a more elegant looking site from a tire company if they were supplying tires for BMWs versus Toyotas. Also, that background image needs to go. Although I'm sure truffles taste good, they don't actually look very pretty -- they are fungus afterall, so you might want to find a prettier background image... perhaps a large picture of a truffle field, like the one in your banner? Also, I'm curious, what e-commerce system did you use for your site? And why?
    Thanks, Ive been thinking similar to all the points youve made there, the truffle background isnt the best, it maybe better to just have it on a white or a gradient background instead.

I agree it doesnt quite feel right either, not the luxury brand Im after, time to go back to the drawing board on the design I think.

I used Magento, just because Im very familiar with it, I know it can be abit slow but the other features make up for it and if the business does well then Ill invest in faster hosting

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Great work! 2 issues though:

1 - Website does not display well on phones

2 - You should add on hover animations for the navigation

Other than that - just perfect!

Edit: Who would want to buy rocks?
    Last edited by ViruZX; Nov 17th, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

Junior Member phoenixwebdesignagency's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista View Post
    I think it's okay, pretty nice, but could use improvements. I feel like the design doesn't match what you're selling though. Aren't truffles a luxurious French item? If so, I feel that your website design needs to reflect that. It's a suitable site for a farm foods seller, but I think it could be made to look a little nicer... it's kind of like how you'd expect a more elegant looking site from a tire company if they were supplying tires for BMWs versus Toyotas. Also, that background image needs to go. Although I'm sure truffles taste good, they don't actually look very pretty -- they are fungus afterall, so you might want to find a prettier background image... perhaps a large picture of a truffle field, like the one in your banner? Also, I'm curious, what e-commerce system did you use for your site? And why?

I agree more branding??? if that's the word....might create a better experience for the user.

Remove Ads