Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Doing a design for order - Need feedback!

I am working on a web design for an acquaintance.

I am not done building it, but feedback would still be nice so far into the project

Here it is! http://mdd.knyazev.cf/index.html

He is a graphic designer and he asked me to make something like this: Home - EMINEM

So 2 things:

1 - is it good?

2 - we settled on the price of 100$, am I under-charging?
    Last edited by ViruZX; Nov 21st, 2014 at 07:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I would leave slider on home page only.
    Every price is ok for start.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha_bolcina View Post
    I would leave slider on home page only.
    Every price is ok for start.
    Don't you think it would look somewhat bland, or too dark?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You should design it to look bright and happy
    Slider on start page is ok to make attention, but on dipper pages you have important informations to show, and slider is taking space and attention from the content. Maybe smaller, static images connected to text message.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I cant see the site for some reason. It brings me to a page that is trying to sell me something.

What types of design does he do? Is he self taught or does he have an education?

The reason i ask is because id assume he would be a little more critical on the design if he was truly a designer.

As far as design is concerned it should reflect his brand. Colors, typography choices, artwork, all should be related to the branding he has created. A logo is not a brand, just a small part of it.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I cant see the site for some reason. It brings me to a page that is trying to sell me something.

What types of design does he do? Is he self taught or does he have an education?

The reason i ask is because id assume he would be a little more critical on the design if he was truly a designer.

As far as design is concerned it should reflect his brand. Colors, typography choices, artwork, all should be related to the branding he has created. A logo is not a brand, just a small part of it.

He and I are both self-taught, we are both still in highschool so not much of an actual education there.

As for the website, I did some maintenance to optimize some stuff. I now updated the URL in the post accordingly.

Keep in mind the site is not responsive.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It tells me the server cannot be found.

If you 2 are both serious about both of these lines of work you should spend a little time learning responsive design, its really not that hard and i noticed most of your sites dont use it. I know it may not be important to you at the moment but in my opinion a site thats not responsive is going to feel out of date.. Obviously there are some exceptions..

Your friend should learn more about design. Right now is the perfect time before he picks up any bad habits. One would be branding. I am only saying this because that eminem site just doesnt convey a "designer" feel. It is great for his image but probably not so much for your friend. Maybe i misunderstood what you were referencing from the site and/or you may not care what i think. Just trying to give you some insight

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    What bad habits? I could always pass some of your wisdom to him

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    For one, making decisions based on what he "likes" rather than what communicates the right message. This is typically done with colors but one example i have is a client i worked with asked for a logo with a raven because he thought they looked cool. Even though a Raven symbolizes things like death or betrayal. I cant really think of a better example as i usually help the client work past these small inconsistencies.

He should understand things like negative space. Learn things like the gestalt principles: similarity, continuation, proximity, closure, and figure..

A lot of people seem to jump into this profession and call themselves a designer without taking the time to understand the difference between a designer and an artist, myself included.

Remove Ads