Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Question First Web Design, Please Review

Hello, I'm a relatively new Web Designer. This is one of the first pages I have created for my personal identity.

Home - Infinite Styles

Reviews and feedback would be great, I'm very eager to learn how to get better.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    someone rated your site w/o even giving a comment, which helps no one.

for me, i think your site does not have a consistent style. i enjoy sites that convey a certain mood, ambience, style, design principle, or theme. with your site, it's kind of just put together.

you have a fancy font, serifs, sans-serif, blue, green, red, gray gradients, a painting background on headings... they don't combine well.

basically, as a relatively new designer, you should try and keep things simple. for colors of your site, how about black white, and one color? one font? try look at this site: a little bit of something | not **** web design it's a popular web designer site, but more importantly, focus on how simple the style is and how he can use one font and be okay, because he uses it in different sizes and colors to make things look interesting. my recommendation is to keep things simple and clean and only venture out a bit when you have more design skills and knowledge of typography, color palettes, and other design concepts.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    also, i see broken images.

Member #
    Thanks, just looking at your website helped me a lot, but I have no idea how to duplicate the proper design, probably comes with practice.

Remove Ads