Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I need ALOT of help for my web design class

I'm having trouble understanding my web design class it's almost like reading another language if you have time I mean a lot of time please help me

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First off isnt the semester almost over? Around here it is. If it is you sure waited till the last minute for advice and help! Thats what the teacher was there for all semester!

If it feels like its like reading another language you may not have enough time to get u the help you need. You WERE learning another language, HTML, and probably css?

I dont have a lot of time but if you start asking questions ill try to answer n help with what i can. As long as i do not feel like im taking a test for you.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    No i took a mini mester. i work 13 plus hrs a day at the post office so by the time i get home to read a chapter i find my self rereading it 2- 3x cause my brain is beat. any who it is html and css, like im suppose to be making a page she is talking about in line flow and block also about wraping the context.

<title>Block and inline flow</title>
    <link href = "e4.css" rel = "stylesheet"
    type = "text/css">

this is a piece out the power point im lost on what rel="stylesheet" is and what not
    plus she never gets back to me on time and my midterm is this weekend

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Rel is the tag you use to identify a "relationship" between the linked file and the page it is linked.

Rel= "stylesheet" is just identifying that the linked file relates to the page as being a stylesheet.

Member #
    ok thanks, another question what is <h1> it just means i want it to be bold right? because when i run my codes whatever i put in that h1 is just big black letters.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    H1 refers to Heading1, or Header1 ive heard it called both. It is just essentially a header. You use these as "titles" for the content under them. Yes they will be bolder but no that is not what you want to use JUST to bolden the text, you use this like i said for titles.

Compare it to a newspapers "headline" its big and bold but under it is more context to support the headline. You wouldn't use a h1 tag within a paragraph.

You also have h2 h3 h4 tags. The larger the number the smaller the text. Think about the numbers as their priority. 1 is most important so it is the biggest. H2 is smaller than an h1 but larger than an h3 and so on..

Ill be honest, you are in a lot of trouble this weekend if these are the questions you are asking. These are all pretty basic and would have probably been taught the first week of class.

Member #
    I may have time to help you out if its only html , ild like to think im decent at html/css most of it is pretty basic , you can also go to w3 schools and they will show examples of how the tags are used and its like small exercises

Remove Ads