Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By m3n0tu18
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Web Design Review for Certificate IV web technolgys

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Web Design Review for Certificate IV web technolgys

Hello everyone
    Could i please some reviews for my web design , we were told to make it basic so keep that in mind please
    this is the first design that i made all feedback will be appreciated
    Also where the purple box is , is a image placeholder.

Thank you
    Ryfizzle

Ryan_hill_Home_page.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    I can see you have got an idea on what you want to achieve - however there are a few pointers I would say. Starting from the top:

1. Logo, if that is going to be the final logo it needs to be on a white background, this will help stand the logo out a little bit more, Blue and Red don't work well together.

2. Menu system, too large unfortunately. Make the items a bit smaller and that may help. Also again don't use red, change it to something more elegable as well.

3. depending on the size of the image within the slider, thats fine, however purple may not suit it correctly. This would be down to client choice of colour schemes really.

4. Welcome text is a bit off putting.
    (i) change the "welcome to ...." to a <h1> tag instead of paragraphs as you want to basically say HI WE ARE HERE! instead of whispering.
    (ii) Paragraph text is okay (im not a copywrite so cant really comment on it) however I would say, remove the underline from it. That just detracts from the actual content.

5. I would make your footer text smaller, its unusual to have a huge copyright notice at the bottom of the page. Make it font-size 10 or less but don't go below 8px.

Other than those, it has the beginnings of being a good website.

I do suggest taking a look at inspiration sites like HERE and HERE to help give you an idea on what other people have done to try to achieve the same sort of thing for garages, keep me posted on how it goes.

- Marc
    Vapr_Arts and ryfizzle like this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Are you sure you want to use that gradient? That makes it look very outdated. Mixed with the font choice of the menu and the size i feel like this is a site found in the archives of something from 1990.

The purple needs to go. I understand that is a placeholder but it throws off the whole page. Maybe look into an image you can use as a placeholder instead.

NEVER center a paragraph. This is something taught to us in design that you may not have been taught. Id also remove the underline and making the welcome part an H1 like stated above.

Have you taken anytime to checking how other sites look? Do a little googling for your "competition". i know this is probably a made up company but you can still research its competition. Just check out whats working for them.

Personally this looks like it could have been thrown together as an afterthought in 10minutes or so. Simple is not always the same as being easy. This may have not been taught to you as you are not a designer. Is this all done in photoshop? Or were you asked to code the site? If you were asked to code it then link it to us as that is going to be more important to the teacher than the overall look of the page.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    ryfizzle likes this.

Member #
    Thank you for your input vapr
    ive been asked to design it, im using illustrator after the design is finished i will have to turn it into a pdf and submit it , i will be changing all of those things suggested thank you.

Section B: Digitalise the interface
    Create your interface in Adobe Illustrator.

When creating your design take into account:
    • Design a home page
    • Design a minimum of 3 additional pages to suit your content and business type
    • Create and include a basic logo
    • Use spot colours for the logo – only use one or two spot colours on the logo itself
    • Think about your use of layers and rename them appropriately
    • Make use of different layers for different screens and content
    • Include a navigation bar
    • Keep your design consistent
    • Be innovative and creative
    • Appeal to your client and audience
    • Think about your colour mode and other technial parametres for your files eg. colour modes of your document set up, and dimensions of your page
    • Your final design must show evidence of application of the design elements of texture, shape, colour, and type and the design principles of balance, emphasis, proportion and unity
    • Supply your images you use

These are the parameters for the assignment

EDIT:
    I will be changing almost everything except the picture i have now put in and the changed text
    Last edited by ryfizzle; Dec 13th, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

Remove Ads