Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New website -- The finished product -- Please review!!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New website -- The finished product -- Please review!!

Today I have finally finished my clients website and I would LOVE to get some feedback. My last attempt at a thread to get a review and criticism has failed miserably for some unknown reason... Don't go easy on me! The worse the criticism the better I will get!

Notice: The events page is just an example while I wait for the actual content from the client

OLD: Northwest Bujinkan - Ninjutsu martial arts training in Portland Oregon
    NEW: Northwest Bunjinkan Ninjutsu
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Well compared to the old site its a major improvement. I like the colors you chose and the logo/ribbon (belt?) down the side. There are some spots where i think the text is a little too big. For example the Section about getting more info on the bottom of the membership page. Overall i like it! Just wish it was mobile friendly! It loads really slow but thats probably the free host you are using.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Thanks for the input! I will mess around with the text size and see how it works out. The logo is supposed to be a ribbon lol. As for the loading speed, it's just a free test server I will be uploading it to his host as soon as I get the ftp info.

Edit: it isn't mobile friendly yet because he wants it to be done befor Christmas and with my time table its just not possible. So after it's online and working properly on its perminant host I will start working on the responsive aspect as well as a custom cms(hopefully I'm not completely over my head haha. He doesn't need that many options for that. All he wants to do is edit the events and gallery page on his own)
    Last edited by Andrew Yurlov; Dec 14th, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I plan to work on a simple custom CMS beginning of next year if my classes next semester isn't overwhelming with work like this semester. So combined we should be able to get this done

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Sounds good. We shall struggle together haha.

Junior Member BlueFrogWebDesign's Avatar
    Member #
    Real clean and smooth design, big improvement over the old site. Good job.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    You suck, Andrew. That's all I have to say here. Oh, you have a site to review? Your site sucks, too.

Seriously, the new site is a major improvement over the old one. You don't seem to have used a template and it's very clean and easy to read and follow.

A few things:

1) You need a clear call to action. Not the social media stuff, either...a phone number or a contact form link. You have it on the home page, but you need it in other spots. I might even find a way to work the phone number into the banner if I were in your spot. Remember...social media is the present, but it probably isn't the long term future.

2). "Rob Sensei's". Northwest Bunjinkan Ninjutsu Check yer spelin', son!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Few additional things I think can be improved:
    - too many different fonts
    - too flat text blocks
    - source looks messy

Good work Andrew!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Game, I would never use a theme but I looks like you still doubt me haha. Hand coding is the code I live by :/

I will mess around with more social media type of stuff I was going to originally put it in the top but I ran out of space. As for the spelling lol it's not mine. This is a direct copy and past from an email I got from the client so I didn't notice it. I will fix it though thanks for finding that.

Sasha, I will try messing around with the fonts and text blocks and get back to you with an update as soon as I can fix the issues. As for the source I actually thought it was somewhat clean haha. Thanks for pointing out that it's not to me or I wouldn't never have thought twice about it. That will be fixed at the same time as I do me final seo check in the code.
    Last edited by Andrew Yurlov; Dec 15th, 2014 at 12:30 AM.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I don't have much of an issue with the code either. I'm not sure what Sasha's referring to. It looks reasonably clean to me, especially when compared with say the code bloat in WP.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads