Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Advice needed. Thanks

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Advice needed. Thanks

Hello guys,

A couple of months ago I decided to create a site for my father's company (his team are developing a variety of electronics devices and his previous site was awful).
    I have chosen Wordpress as platform for my new baby (please take in mind I have very very little experience with HTML and CSS) and results is:

SpaceLab Ltd. | ENGINEERING | ELECTRONICS DESIGN| CONSULTING

The main purpose of the site is to sell the medical devices (you can see them below) and to inform the clients for the possibilities of making their own device - the company is developing products in really wide range of industries (medical, sports, military, electronics ..etc).

As you can see the first page is awful and I don't have any idea how to re-design it, making it enough informational for the clients.

I will really appreciate your feedback and recommendations!!

(Sorry for my english, I'am still learning it )

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I personally do not understand the concept of "i don't know html/css but i will build you a website" even if his last site was awful how do you think you are going to do any better without knowing at the bare minimum the basics of coding? I mean i guess i could see it if you were a graphic designer and wanted to take a shot in the dark but that usually isn't the case in these situations.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree with Vapr, but I also understand people think it is easier and cheaper to just do it themselves, but in the end you get what you paid for. I would love to see the original website to compare the two. As it stands right now its REALLY plain.

Member #
    So I cannot ask for help because I don't know coding? Strange . . .
    If I had the money for online marketing campaign I would definitely hire a designer, otherwise I have to figure out what do mean by really plain.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niki2s View Post
    So I cannot ask for help because I don't know coding? Strange . . .
    If I had the money for online marketing campaign I would definitely hire a designer, otherwise I have to figure out what do mean by really plain.
    I apologize if thats how my comment came off, that is not what i meant. What i meant was why do you believe you can do any better than the last person?

As far as how to help you the choices are limited. With you not knowing code you are basically stuck with finding a template that best suits your needs and using it. Design is just as difficult as coding is and isn't something we can teach you over night. Its not that we dont want to help you its just you have bitten off more than you can chew!

Member #
    Honestly, I just need a basic idea how it should be structured and some mount-points . . . I missed to say that the implementation will be handled by couple of guys during WordPress course at software academy( we have a lot in bulgaria)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Well structure is easy in a sense and all you really need to do is look at other sites within the same market. See what others are doing. It is common practice to look at your competition as a reference. Now im not saying to copy their site 100% but its perfectly fine to look for inspiration this way.

Remove Ads