Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Health coach website

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Health coach website

This website is for a family member.

A logo from a real logo designer is on the way. I'm not good with graphics.

The main thing I think needs improvement is the header/nav. It's boring, so I'd love some help with that.

Please don't mention name of site or link to URL here to prevent it being picked up in a search.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by noodles415; Feb 01st, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Well I don't know how hard you want me to dig in so ill just give a detailed review.

HOME PAGE

1) In my opinion the navigation underline when hovering looks kind of tacky. I would remove it and make the color difference on hover stand out more.
    2) Put a little more space between the navigation links. I would say between 15 - 20 pixels.
    3) That shade of yellow under the header and everywhere else does not work well with the green. Try to google some color theory lessons.
    4) Main content header "Go Organic, Get Organized" try to make it look similar to you're other pages. The rest of the pages titles are green so I would try to make it that same shade of green.
    5) Main content paragraph text is a bit too small. Remember you're trying to appeal to as many people as possible and someone older
    may not be able to read that.
    6) This next one may be my own preference but I think it makes everything look better overall. Put more padding on all you're dives. For example put more padding around the navigation, the paragraphs, the main content header, and all the various little things. It just somehow looks less cramped that way. Sorry im just a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff.
    7) Make you're contact info on the footer a bit bigger so its more noticeable.
    8) The list under you're "Recent Blog Post", separate the blog posts so it looks less jumbled. and I personally would remove the underline under the titles of those and just make it a brighter shade of white and bold. So for example make the title #ffffff and the date #cecece;
    9) Make the facebook icon higher quality. It has white in each corner of the image.
    10) Make the free consultation div more noticeable. It took me a few looks to see that the background was white.
    11) Make the Contact Gabriele hover effect more noticeable.

ABOUT PAGE

1) Again use more padding around the content to make it looks less clumped and stand out more.
    2) Maybe use caps for the content titles??
    3) Same changes for footer as HOME PAGE^

SERVICES PAGE

1) Again use more padding around the content.
    2) use more padding around each service you offer. It kind of all clumps together so I don't know where to look when I first open this page.
    3) Maybe put all the images on one column and the text on a different one?
    4) Maybe try a simple 4 or 5 pixel white border around the images?
    5) Same changes for footer as HOME PAGE^

HOW IT WORKS

1) Same changes as to the ABOUT PAGE^

BLOG PAGE

1) Use WAY more padding around the blog posts... Its so jumbled together it literally makes me want to move on to the next page haha.
    2) Make the hover effect on the blot titles anything but blue.. It definitely doesn't go with that shade of green.
    3) On the search section instead of making all the links underlined just make them normal and have a hover effect like a color change preferably
    4) If I were you I would also style the search button and stretch the search bar so it has the same amount of space on either side.
    5) Same changes for footer as HOME PAGE^

CONTACT PAGE

1) Obviously not enough content haha....
    Last edited by Andrew Yurlov; Feb 02nd, 2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Awesome, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the constructive criticism and will post back when I've made the changes.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    If you wouldn't mind, could you please check the site again. i've added more space in between many of the elements, and cleaned up the blog page and sidebar.
    i don't see the problem with the yellow gold color - is there something you think would work better?

Thanks,
    ~Mike

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov View Post
    stuff.
    I basically redid the entire site. Now what do you think... a lot better, right?

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    We need a link lol.

^ Ignore that. I forgot there are two pages to this thread hahah
    Last edited by Andrew Yurlov; Mar 05th, 2015 at 12:34 AM.

-Steve Jobs

Member #
    I think it look very nice as it is now, but you might want to consider making it responsive

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Okay, final site is done and live
    Gabriele's Wellness Coaching | California Health Coach and Integrative Nutrition

Any input? It's not responsive but there is a special mobile version with responsive navigation, no home banner, some minor changes, and a different footer when viewed on a mobile device (iPhone, Android, etc)

One thing I don't get is why there is a random dot next to the name on the home page lol.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    It looks a lot better! However there are a few minor things that are just personal preference but I think they will help the website look more professional.

1) Try to make all the borders have no border radius. So in other words make the borders "sharp". That includes the navigation hover effect
    2) Instead of the blue like at the footer try making that line a darker shade of green.
    3) The header "Gabriele's Staake" has a bullet point. Get rid of that bullet point they are for lists.
    4) Make the facebook icon in higher quality. Right now it has tiny white boxes on each corner.

Thats all I can think of now. Good luck!

-Steve Jobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads