Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rate my graphic CAPTCHA method

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Lightbulb Rate my graphic CAPTCHA method

Hi! Here is my attempt to create the perfect CAPTCHA: http://gestcha.com
    All you have to do is just click on each fingertip there from thumb to pinky - that' all. Is it handy, how do you think?
    Last edited by Gestcha; Feb 05th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.
    ammar_muath likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I dont like it, its confusing and in my opinion difficult to understand. I am on a mobile phone and its not showing up very well so that may be the problem. Regardless id probably use captcha over this.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I failed the test the first time round because I had no idea which finger tip I was supposed to be pressing. I took a stab thinking it was the index finger but I was wrong. I think you might be onto a good idea here because I hate CAPTCHA's and if anything can be developed to make it a better user experience then i'm all for it. I think you just need to make it clearer which finger needs to be pressed, maybe a picture of a palm with a dot over the finger that you want pressed in the interactive.
    If you make it as difficult as some of those captchas out there to know what to input, there's no point developing another type if you get what I mean?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breno View Post
    I failed the test the first time round because I had no idea which finger tip I was supposed to be pressing. I took a stab thinking it was the index finger but I was wrong. I think you might be onto a good idea here because I hate CAPTCHA's and if anything can be developed to make it a better user experience then i'm all for it. I think you just need to make it clearer which finger needs to be pressed, maybe a picture of a palm with a dot over the finger that you want pressed in the interactive.
    If you make it as difficult as some of those captchas out there to know what to input, there's no point developing another type if you get what I mean?
    I'm totally confused. What platform/browser do you use? There is already the exact hint you described.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestcha View Post
    I'm totally confused. What platform/browser do you use? There is already the exact hint you described.
    Okay i tried it again, and I realised what i'm supposed to do now. It works alright I guess, perhaps make it a little bigger for hit detection sake?
    I can imagine it'd be frustrating for mobile/pad users, have you got plans to alter it for mobile/pad users?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breno View Post
    Okay i tried it again, and I realised what i'm supposed to do now. It works alright I guess, perhaps make it a little bigger for hit detection sake?
    I can imagine it'd be frustrating for mobile/pad users, have you got plans to alter it for mobile/pad users?
    I know it should be improved somehow but what exactly should I do? If I only could maximize (zoom) it upto the whole screen automatically when user only touched it - I think it would become much better but how can it be done?
    Last edited by Gestcha; Feb 10th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'd recommend not using different hand gestures. I think you'd have a really limited chance of a bot being able to break any type of interactive click based authentication and the different hand gestures make it overly confusing and difficult. You've also completely ignored mobile devices. This would be impossible to use on a mobile device.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmedia.ca View Post
    I'd recommend not using different hand gestures. I think you'd have a really limited chance of a bot being able to break any type of interactive click based authentication and the different hand gestures make it overly confusing and difficult. You've also completely ignored mobile devices. This would be impossible to use on a mobile device.
    I wouldn't treat it as an interactive authentication. The server receives only coordinates of your selection. Then it compares them to right ones (compensating possible bias, of' course) - that's all. About mobile devices - this video shows how it works on mobile devices (you can skip the ad-like introduction there):
    Last edited by Gestcha; Feb 11th, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    The problem is that the fingers on the hand are bent, so it's hard to tell what finger is what. If the hand was presented the same way as the one in the picture, you could rotate and/or invert it to try and cross up bots.

The first time, the hand I clicked on was flipping me the bird. Some people will take offense to that. I won't, but some will.

It took me three times to get it right on Chrome v. 40.0.2214.111 m.

It's a neat, original idea. Probably needs some drawing-board tweaks, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    This is not loading for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads