Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Portfolio website critique

  1. #1
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times

    Current Rating

    Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

    Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

    Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

    Rate This Site


    Advertisement (login to hide this!)


    You must be logged in to view this site

    Portfolio website critique

    I am not a designer, I am just starting web design, focusing to be a front-end developer somehow. I made this website to build for my personal project portfolio. Need your advice and I guess it is still in progress.

    Portfolio Website
    Last edited by graphicnerd; Feb 19th, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Its not responsive at all is it?

    Id work on adding more information. The about you is pretty short but id also add information about your projects. As a designer im always curious about the details. Include some info about each project. The more the better in my opinion but at bare minimum id like to see at least a brief explanation about each. For example, who the client was, was it a personal project, what was the objective and things of that nature.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  4. #3
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Its not responsive at all is it?

    Id work on adding more information. The about you is pretty short but id also add information about your projects. As a designer im always curious about the details. Include some info about each project. The more the better in my opinion but at bare minimum id like to see at least a brief explanation about each. For example, who the client was, was it a personal project, what was the objective and things of that nature.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    My websites are just like templates, no clients at all.

    This is my ticket to have a front end dev job.

    Thanks for the feedback, though.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Then id make up information. Design isn't just about pretty images and an employer will want to see that you understand that. They want to know that you can take a problem and create a solution.

    Lets take one of your posters for instance. What is the purpose of the poster? Who is it trying to attract? What feelings are suppose to be felt.. And how did you accomplish this?

    It may be difficult for you because honestly those aren't posters.. Well not ones that would benefit a business. They are more of a piece of art not really design because they have no purpose. Theres no call to action.. Theres no "next step" so to speak.

    You didn't ask for a critique of your work so i wont go any further with that but these are things you should consider if you are looking for a job. Most employers will be. At least in the states. Not sure where you are or how things work in other places so i may be wrong about that. But i doubt it


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    graphicnerd likes this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Then id make up information. Design isn't just about pretty images and an employer will want to see that you understand that. They want to know that you can take a problem and create a solution.

    Lets take one of your posters for instance. What is the purpose of the poster? Who is it trying to attract? What feelings are suppose to be felt.. And how did you accomplish this?

    It may be difficult for you because honestly those aren't posters.. Well not ones that would benefit a business. They are more of a piece of art not really design because they have no purpose. Theres no call to action.. Theres no "next step" so to speak.

    You didn't ask for a critique of your work so i wont go any further with that but these are things you should consider if you are looking for a job. Most employers will be. At least in the states. Not sure where you are or how things work in other places so i may be wrong about that. But i doubt it


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Can I have a job for a front end developer fir this work?

    I will do my best!

    I really like web development.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    In all honesty if i were to go to your site i would not hire you. Mainly because your site is not finished, but without you telling me this i wouldnt have known.. Id assume this is a finished aite and it is not up to par. I wouldnt even bother clicking on the link to your work. Sorry..

    Even if i did decide to look at your work, none of it is responsive and im an advocate of responsive design. In todays age majority of the people have a smartphone and or a tablet. Personally that would be a deal breaker alone


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  8. #7
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    In all honesty if i were to go to your site i would not hire you. Mainly because your site is not finished, but without you telling me this i wouldnt have known.. Id assume this is a finished aite and it is not up to par. I wouldnt even bother clicking on the link to your work. Sorry..

    Even if i did decide to look at your work, none of it is responsive and im an advocate of responsive design. In todays age majority of the people have a smartphone and or a tablet. Personally that would be a deal breaker alone


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Like one year experience somehow?

    I got the passion, though, I love web development :'(

    "Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street." -- Zig Ziglar

  9. #8
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,930
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    I in no means meant you could not do this.. You asked for my opinion and thats all i gave you. My opinion isn't one that matters as im not a potential employer.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

  10. #9
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I in no means meant you could not do this.. You asked for my opinion and thats all i gave you. My opinion isn't one that matters as im not a potential employer.


    Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Contact Me Page

    BEFORE:


    NOW:


    How can I fix my input box? I tried clearfix but its not working.


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com