Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Portfolio website critique

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Portfolio website critique

I am not a designer, I am just starting web design, focusing to be a front-end developer somehow. I made this website to build for my personal project portfolio. Need your advice and I guess it is still in progress.

Portfolio Website
    Last edited by graphicnerd; Feb 19th, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Its not responsive at all is it?

Id work on adding more information. The about you is pretty short but id also add information about your projects. As a designer im always curious about the details. Include some info about each project. The more the better in my opinion but at bare minimum id like to see at least a brief explanation about each. For example, who the client was, was it a personal project, what was the objective and things of that nature.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Its not responsive at all is it?

Id work on adding more information. The about you is pretty short but id also add information about your projects. As a designer im always curious about the details. Include some info about each project. The more the better in my opinion but at bare minimum id like to see at least a brief explanation about each. For example, who the client was, was it a personal project, what was the objective and things of that nature.

My websites are just like templates, no clients at all.

This is my ticket to have a front end dev job.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Then id make up information. Design isn't just about pretty images and an employer will want to see that you understand that. They want to know that you can take a problem and create a solution.

Lets take one of your posters for instance. What is the purpose of the poster? Who is it trying to attract? What feelings are suppose to be felt.. And how did you accomplish this?

It may be difficult for you because honestly those aren't posters.. Well not ones that would benefit a business. They are more of a piece of art not really design because they have no purpose. Theres no call to action.. Theres no "next step" so to speak.

You didn't ask for a critique of your work so i wont go any further with that but these are things you should consider if you are looking for a job. Most employers will be. At least in the states. Not sure where you are or how things work in other places so i may be wrong about that. But i doubt it

graphicnerd likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Then id make up information. Design isn't just about pretty images and an employer will want to see that you understand that. They want to know that you can take a problem and create a solution.

Lets take one of your posters for instance. What is the purpose of the poster? Who is it trying to attract? What feelings are suppose to be felt.. And how did you accomplish this?

It may be difficult for you because honestly those aren't posters.. Well not ones that would benefit a business. They are more of a piece of art not really design because they have no purpose. Theres no call to action.. Theres no "next step" so to speak.

You didn't ask for a critique of your work so i wont go any further with that but these are things you should consider if you are looking for a job. Most employers will be. At least in the states. Not sure where you are or how things work in other places so i may be wrong about that. But i doubt it

Can I have a job for a front end developer fir this work?

I will do my best!

I really like web development.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    In all honesty if i were to go to your site i would not hire you. Mainly because your site is not finished, but without you telling me this i wouldnt have known.. Id assume this is a finished aite and it is not up to par. I wouldnt even bother clicking on the link to your work. Sorry..

Even if i did decide to look at your work, none of it is responsive and im an advocate of responsive design. In todays age majority of the people have a smartphone and or a tablet. Personally that would be a deal breaker alone

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In all honesty if i were to go to your site i would not hire you. Mainly because your site is not finished, but without you telling me this i wouldnt have known.. Id assume this is a finished aite and it is not up to par. I wouldnt even bother clicking on the link to your work. Sorry..

Even if i did decide to look at your work, none of it is responsive and im an advocate of responsive design. In todays age majority of the people have a smartphone and or a tablet. Personally that would be a deal breaker alone

Like one year experience somehow?

I got the passion, though, I love web development :'(

"Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street." -- Zig Ziglar

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I in no means meant you could not do this.. You asked for my opinion and thats all i gave you. My opinion isn't one that matters as im not a potential employer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I in no means meant you could not do this.. You asked for my opinion and thats all i gave you. My opinion isn't one that matters as im not a potential employer.

Contact Me Page

BEFORE:

NOW:

How can I fix my input box? I tried clearfix but its not working.

Remove Ads