Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why this is so hard?!

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Why this is so hard?!

Hello, im new here. Im trying to make at least a bit professional website but i cant! Take me third week now and still my site looks not really great. Help! what i need to do here?Pro Web Dream - Professional Web Design Company It take ages for me, btw im woman maybe thats why...

Junior Member corleona_Kosmokrati's Avatar
    Member #
    Hello, iam new here too, and new in html and css, I think your website looks really good. I just wanted to let you know that it doesn't have to do that you are a woman, you should never say that

Member #
    Hey thank You for replay but im sure my website isnt looks very professional. I know that i need to change it some how but im out of any more ideas

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Oaky Ill shoot.

You have a nice start.. truly, but here is what my eye is catching.

• The hero image seems to fall " out of bounds". what I mean to say is looks like you have a container running at 1080px and the image itself breaks out of that, if it looked more inline with that, would be a good start.
    • What we do... to small, not attention grabbing, don't be afraid to go bigger.
    • Font colors, not consistent. Your using different colors for P text, I'd try to make that more consistent for readability.
    • Border around images in "why choose us" , kill those. Actually they seem to be thru-out the site.

In a nutshell, find some consistency, will help it look more polished.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    My question is why are you offering something you can't do?? Why do you want it to look professional if you aren't professional? I am not going to knock you for using a wordpress theme because maybe that can be your nitch for people who want a cheap looking WP site. But basically it tells me you can't code, your graphics look like stock images which shows me you can't design graphics, which are both skill-sets you need in order to operate in this industry.

If it takes you ages to finish a site, then really, you need to learn. It takes an infant ages to walk, and they too need to learn how to. I think you just need to learn what you are doing before you actually start offering your services. Even when I first started out, I wasn't publicly putting myself out there because I wasn't good enough to.
    Vapr_Arts and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Forget Fireproofgfx's observation about the theme. Forget that you're using the Vantage theme. Forget the look of your site. The look of the site is the least of your problems.

Your problem is much deeper than the look of your site and pay attention to Fireproofgfx's point about what you know, and more importantly what you don't know. You don't know how to code, or you wouldn't be starting with a theme. You've stolen some stock graphics, and ones that have floated around for ages. The logos you've used for your logo designs were entered into 99Designs logo competitions and not even selected. Your copy is clearly written by someone who doesn't speak English as his/her mother tongue. To be blunt, you'll never get this to look professional because the underlying services aren't professional.

What I would suggest you do is scrap this whole thing, go onto a freelancer portal, and work cheap until you gain the experience and knowledge required to look at your site again. By "cheap", I mean "no more than $7-$8 USD/hour for the sake of gaining experience" cheap. Get your skill level up. Solve problem Then redo this site from the ground up.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks guys for replay. I have 1 more question. Why i cant use ready themes from wordpress for example Vantaqe theme?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Because you're selling design services. Design services require creativity and original thought. Ready-made themes show neither.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    But i changing in this theme everything. Header, footer, images, text etc. I really cant use those themes?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Why this is so hard?!

You can do whatever you want, some people will pay you to do anything but to separate yourself from the large number of competition you are going to want to stand out/create a style and A style isnt taking a theme and altering it, thats just a process.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads