Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LearnWebsiteDesign.com
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Please review my site. I will accept all recommendations.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review my site. I will accept all recommendations.

I am so thankful that I found this forum . I have attempted to build my own site to generate leads for my insurance business.

Request A Quote | Virginia Medicare Supplement Insurance

I feel like it looks like an amateur made it, which is true, but I was hoping people wouldn't perceive it that way.

I also have a couple of SEO questions:

1. When I Google search terms: "Staunton Va. Medicare Supplement", "Medicare Supplement Staunton Va.", "Waynesboro Medicare Supplement", etc. I rank number 1 on a Google search. I can Google other local areas and get the same results. However, If I Google "Medicare supplement 24401" (Staunton's ZIP) I get nothing, so I want to put a list of ZIP codes in the right spot on my website for Google to rank that as well.

If you look at my site you can see where I placed them but there has to be a better place that looks more professional.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi Dwayne, yes you're right, the website doesn't look very professional. I see a lot wrong with the design of the website, first off, the website logo is missing. Second, the website is not responsive. The search box blurs into its background element and when typing into it, the text doesn't stand out. I would recommend having your contact information somewhere where it can be seen when the user first visits the page, because I would think that one the goals of the website is to have people call you so that you can sell insurance plans.

Overall, it does look very unprofessional, but I'm sure that you'll improve on it or hire a professional to do it.
    Fireproofgfx and dwayne1964 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I feel if you are going to use a theme, couldn't you find a better theme?? One that is going to look professional? Btw, if you kept the image slider like the original had (use your own images of course, something should be original on your site) it might make it look a little more appealing. Adding all of the zips to the Request a quote is simply ridiculous and it looks really tacky, same with the AREAS SERVED section; at least you can somewhat read the cities names, where you can't on the Request a Quote

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    To answer your SEO questions first, and to clear up your big misconception right off the bat:

1) Ranking does not, does not, does not matter. Just about every SEO blog and wannabe says so, but it isn't true for two simple reasons: First reason: referral traffic, specifically converting referral traffic does. Second reason: rankings vary, quite often widely, based on geolocation, servers, personalization (or lack thereof) and several other factors. This is what makes rank checking a useless exercise.

2) There isn't one. There is no good way, or place, to list several zip codes. The reason is that there isn't a user-friendly way to do that. There's nothing wrong with doing something that generates search engine referral traffic IF it has a primarily user-friendly application e.g. listing the cities you serve with a Google map and a polygon outlining the area isn't a bad idea. If anything, it saves a lot of trouble and can lead to positive phone calls from people going "I see from your map that you service my area. Can I get X?" (Yes, I have actually built something for this purpose and seen/heard this happen.)

NOTE: that isn't the same as the keyword stuffing on the bottom of the page. Rule of thumb...if you would report someone to Google if you suspected they were receiving referral traffic for a tactic such as this, don't do it yourself. It rarely, if every works...and when it does work, it inevitably gets found out. You'll want to lose those words the way you have them.

Basically, you need to understand that SEO and design are interrelated...many of the elements of proper SEO are elements of good design. That may help with a lot of the things LearnWebDesign.com was talking about...adjusting your focus so that SEO is worked into your design rather than dominating it.
    dwayne1964 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am thankful that I ran across it. I hope it adds to my career what the insurance forum does. Due to the fact that the people I am targeting are 65 and over, my goal is to have a site that is very easy for them to use. Nice and simple! I realize that mine is a littler too simple and maybe I'm not giving the seniors enough credit as to what they can do on a computer. LOL

Remove Ads