Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: completely New

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

completely New

I've been asked to create a simple web page for a small business as a project. I don't have any background other than basic knowledge about computers, some hardware, very little C++ or understand well enough to make up my own equations on command prompt without tutorials, used adobe Photoshop before, and a understanding of the ISO model, which I now have a reason to branch and map out even more, so you'll get an idea of how I'm coming at this. I'm going to use a website like GoDaddy.com but ultimitaly want to end up creating a website from scratch. Can some one detail the advantages to this, how long it took you to learn and how long it took you to create, an outline of how and what to maintain. I can figure out the details, but would like a bigger picture in as few lines as possible but complete enough to get started. I would be very greatful! I can figure out what the business needs are, I just want to get an idea about website making.

Domingo

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    HTML/CSS are mandatory, good news is they are fairly easy to get started with. I spent some time doing the course on Codecademy.com took about 2 days and that gave me a foot in the door to do pretty much anything i needed with those languages.

You should also know Javascript to add user interaction. It is in my opinion mandatory as well but some may not agree. This may or may not take you long.. Took me about a month to feel somewhat confident about but that was only giving about 5-6hrs a week give or take. After that i was able to do somethings on my own n more complicated things were easier to understand once i asked questions.

You also need a server side language like Php to communicate with MYSQLi databases. Im still learning but its not that bad. Once you get the basics down tutorials online become easier as well.

All 5 of these components make up most websites today, php being the one that may be alternated with another server side language.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. ^_^

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I would also encourage you to learn jQuery. It makes it easier to use javascript, although you still want to have a firm understanding of javascript at some point. Also, when learning PHP and MYSQLi (or any other backend languange and database), be sure to learn about the security aspects as well.

Member #
    great information. My degree is Information Technology with a concentration in Web Development.

T-Mobile's Note 4 - the best phone out there(.)

Remove Ads