Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dwayne1964
  • 1 Post By LearnWebsiteDesign.com
  • 1 Post By breno
  • 1 Post By Brian Angel
  • 1 Post By shahramfi
  • 1 Post By alexDesign

Thread: Very interested in some feedback on my website...

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Very interested in some feedback on my website...

Hi guys, I would love to get your impressions on my latest website, I've been working on it for a while now.

Home

It is managed through the Joomla! CMS and uses a Bootstrap 3 design so it is fully responsive.

I am keen to get your first impressions and whether or not the design engenders confidence in the brand and makes you want to read more.

If anything gives you a bad feeling about the design I would like to hear that too.

Many thanks in advance!!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm a novice and no little, to nothing, about website building. I found the site to be very attractive and easy to navigate. I even got interested enough to actually look up the cost of a drone.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi Jethro, I really like the site. Visitors know what the website is about by both the url and by simply looking at the website. If I can offer a few suggestions and opinions.

I first viewed it on my laptop, the images did load a little bit slow for me, in particular the picture of the drone itself. When viewing it on an iphone4, it does load a little slow. Also, when scrolling up and down on my iphone, there is a little bit of lag time doing so.

The website is responsive, however, at many widths, the total width of the website is a little bigger than the screen size.

I would put the information (Something is in the air...) box a little bit higher when at larger screen sizes. Also, I would personally use a different font in the lower part of the box.

These are just a few thoughts. Good work though.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I think it's a very nice site, clean, not cluttered, all the information is relevant. Good use of colours.
    I had no complaints until I got to the customise your gear section, the design of that area forces the eye to put too much emphasis on the background image and I struggled to focus on the products, I think that part needs to be worked on. I would say tone down the background on that area, maybe, just maybe keep the background image and tone down its brightness or a transparent overlay over the image if that makes sense?

Otherwise well done

Oh and the first background image took a little while to load.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Okay , from different standpoints:

Designer
    - Turn down the pure white headers, ts a little to bright. Also some padding on the "get it now" link wold be good, not crazy about the font. Store page is nice, but I might want to underline the link on hover of the whole image to show its actionable. Single item page looks a little lonley without some cool description text, maybe even a video. Support page, probably miss labeled but looks good, minus that pure white thing.

Developer
    - Image load speed on home and downloads is really long, but it does cache well. Maybe try caching the other images on home page load and see if you can compress the main image a bit more. Get rid of using <center>. Have jank on the main page, more than likely due to the paralax effect and box shadows. see if you js is using requestAnimationFrame and instead of top/left use translate. Might help but the drop shadows are a killer on repaint, maybe turn them off on mobile. Also just noticed the main page is using a class with a HUGE css gradient, you don't really need it on that page

...and AHH its Joomla... welp here now,lol. Al the JS loaded in the head = bad. You can use more HTML5 elements safely. The accessibility needs a lot of work and no aria roles defined. Also there is a lot of div soup going on.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    About homepage and first impression. I like it. Very clear and easy to know what the site is about. I would a bit make the pricing section clear maybe by making the background of it darker.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Site is cool but please do something with your fonts. Specialy on your fonts.
    jethro likes this.

Member #
    Hey guys thanks so much for the top notch feedback, there is a lot of food for thought here that I need to implement and I can't tell you how helpful this is!!

Breno, thanks for confirming my gut feeling.

@Alex on your recommendations I have changed my h1 fonts.

Brian, those are all great suggestions that I will be implementing.

You guys are the best!

Remove Ads