Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Lightbulb Review New Website

HostingSurfer - Web Hosting | E-commerce | Wordpress | Web Design | Webmaster
    HostingSurfer - Web Hosting | E-commerce | Wordpress | Web Design | Webmaster

Those are the only two pages done I'm mainly looking for a review on the overall layout, and color scheme. All criticism is welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First off im mainly on mobile so remember my critiques only concern what i see on my phone not what may be seen on desktops n so on..

What i assume says "opening banner" stretches across the screen n is cut off on both the left n right sides. Colors dont look good. I figure you wanted it blue for surfing? The blue n grey just doesnt scream exciting, and this in my opinion should be exciting for your clients.. Id work that out.. Maybe add colors like red n orange which still feels "surf" to me.. Ie sunny day or sunsets/sunrises.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There is are a lot of things that are wrong with the site, some of these the things that are wrong with the website come up as you resize the web browser. These are some of the things that I notice right away.

As Vapr_Arts said, the color combination, in particular the title and top navigation menu, needs to be worked on. The same thing goes for the combination of the drop down portion of the top navigation menu.

As you scale down from the width of 1198 pixels to 768 pixels, the height of the header increases and covers the text that says "Web Hosting" that is in the center of the web page.

As you scale down from the width of 1198 pixels to 768 pixels, the positioning of both the title and top navigation can be improved as well.

Those are the first that pop out as being wrong. It's a good start but it needs improvement.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    First off im mainly on mobile so remember my critiques only concern what i see on my phone not what may be seen on desktops n so on..

What i assume says "opening banner" stretches across the screen n is cut off on both the left n right sides. Colors dont look good. I figure you wanted it blue for surfing? The blue n grey just doesnt scream exciting, and this in my opinion should be exciting for your clients.. Id work that out.. Maybe add colors like red n orange which still feels "surf" to me.. Ie sunny day or sunsets/sunrises.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    The banner is just a placeholder so I'm not worried about scaling or sizing of that until I have the actual banner. I'll play around with adding in colors and getting away from the greys, I completely agree the site should be exciting and I've never thought about it that way. Looking just at this site I've realized the colors here are more eciting than what I have and use similar colors. I'll take that and see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnWebsiteDesign.com View Post
    There is are a lot of things that are wrong with the site, some of these the things that are wrong with the website come up as you resize the web browser. These are some of the things that I notice right away.

As Vapr_Arts said, the color combination, in particular the title and top navigation menu, needs to be worked on. The same thing goes for the combination of the drop down portion of the top navigation menu.

As you scale down from the width of 1198 pixels to 768 pixels, the height of the header increases and covers the text that says "Web Hosting" that is in the center of the web page.

As you scale down from the width of 1198 pixels to 768 pixels, the positioning of both the title and top navigation can be improved as well.

Those are the first that pop out as being wrong. It's a good start but it needs improvement.

Not really worried about the scaling just yet more worried about the theme and color of the site, but I do appreciate what you've noticed and I'll keep it in mind when I get to making it all play nicely at different sizes.

I'm not very good with colors, and picking ones that work together so any advice of where I could change a certain color to another one you have in mind is very welcome and i'll start playing around with all these ideas myself.
    Last edited by dkraklan; Mar 29th, 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Member #
    Alright so I've been playing with the colors, and to be honest I have no idea if its any better or if its 10x worse but I went and found tons of color pallets revolving around surf, beaches, sunsets. Started playing with all sorts of colors all over the place and come up with what it is currently... :/

I think I took a step in the right direction but possibly 5 steps back also. If anyone has any advice on it please be very specific about how you would change a color or anything. Like I said before I'm no good at choosing colors but I'm doing my best.

As before please ignore content for now this is strictly to help me dial the colors in.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I would recommend incorporating a third color into the overall design like what I have attached below, if you do this it will give you another color to work with for Links, Titles, and even the drop down menu hover over animation color.

As it stands right now the Yellow links on the blue is really hard on the eyes, similar but not as bad is the Blue Linking on your Copyright section, it would be better to use the same color as the footer bg as the Link color in the Copy. You see how you need to try and incorporate the colors from each of the sections? You do this and it will bring your website together properly.

I would also recommend doing a little trick I do to give the plain color bg texture and that is in Photoshop of Gimp, fill the area with your color like the sand color in the Copyright section, then go to Filter, Noise, Add Noise around .66% or so and then hit ok. Then go to Filter Sharpen, Sharpen and hit ok. If it is too sharp to your liking, go to Edit Fade Sharpen. This gives the BG a sand like look and feel to it, rather than just being plain.

surf.jpg
    Crisper version
    http://www.fireproofgfx.com/images/surf.jpg

Remove Ads