Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Looking For some Reviews CMSLABS.NET

Hello,
    I am the owner of CMSLabs - Index
    A web site dedicated to web design and tutorials in several web design / programming languages

XHTML / HTML5 / CSS / PHP / MYSQL / JQUERY / JAVA / AJAX.

I am looking for some site reviews on my content located at my new site
    CMSLabs - Index
    basically this site not only shows full examples and source code for design in the languages listed above, I also do CMS reviews and FREE templates, themes,addons and plugins all within the AGPLv3 open source code copyright.

Please check out my site and leave me a review when you have time, I would love to hear some feed back on this new site
    CMSLabs - Index

Member #
    it fails a rule i operate. a 4 second rule. if i can't have someoe figure out what its about in 4 seconds, i'm not even interested in the content. too many modules on the index. I fall ito this flaw often, focusing on design rather than conctent. the worlds greatest design, fails miserably without content. a mission statment maybe? i would consider using seperate navs on top and bottom. though its good practice, i never use footer navs in my personal browsing. but when i do, i don't wish for all the content. only the most important.

Very readable. quick response. hope the critique is appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I agree with djembe85 - it is not clear what the website is about, what you offer. That is a major problem.

I would add some space below the Sign in and Register buttons, because putting them on the Order box without any space makes them look like tabs.

Also, I would either make the image of blue sky bigger or remove it, because now it looks like the image is still loading, more of it will appear later.

Another thing that I would change would be removing the Blog link from the right hand side menu, since it appears in the main navigation as well, is weird that the same link appear in 2 menus. Actually, I would re-think the two menus idea, it is confussing, people will have to remember which links are on which menu. It would make sense if there was some logical grouping, e.g. navigation links at the top and links related to buying products on the right, or something like that. I don't see any reason why Forum link is not a part of the main navigation, but Blog is.

Hope it helps.

Remove Ads