Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thomaspreece
  • 1 Post By hiitsme

Thread: Site Unlimited Site Review

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Site Unlimited Site Review

Okay, I know there are probably tons of "areas of opportunity" here, but I wanted to get your thoughts on a new site I built using SquareSpace. Site Unlimited What do you think?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like it, nice and clean. I just had a couple of gripes. Firstly your navigation bar has the default homepage as the 2nd link down not the first link which confused me for a little while and may confuse others. Also background image of coffee shop seems a bit random. Personally I would combine your info page and contact us page. Also I don't understand why you have a contact form on one page but have an email address on another page, you only need one or the other.
    'Proudly American' may put off customers not from America, fine if you are only targeting USA customers but I'd think twice about it otherwise. Other than that it looks all good
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaspreece View Post
    I like it, nice and clean. I just had a couple of gripes. Firstly your navigation bar has the default homepage as the 2nd link down not the first link which confused me for a little while and may confuse others. Also background image of coffee shop seems a bit random. Personally I would combine your info page and contact us page. Also I don't understand why you have a contact form on one page but have an email address on another page, you only need one or the other.
    'Proudly American' may put off customers not from America, fine if you are only targeting USA customers but I'd think twice about it otherwise. Other than that it looks all good
    Thanks Thomas for taking the time to check it out! I agree, the background image could probably be better. One of my core markets that I'm trying to hit are small businesses here in the states who are looking to avoid outsourcing overseas; so putting the "proudly American" part was a calculated move. I may change it with my planned rewrite in the coming weeks.

In terms of contact, I agree that having email and a contact request may seem redundant. I'll have to revisit that in the near future as well.

Overall, this site is a polished, usable rough draft and will be updated as we go. Again, thank you for taking a few minutes to help point us in the right direction!

Member #
    Wonderful!!!! websites should provide customers with solutions, and i found it in under 4 seconds. well done. seriosly. clean, crisp, simpple. one thing though...that homepage background. took me a while to figure out it was a coffee shop, and the right side...not knowing they were handles (i think?) first appeared phallic.

Member #
    forgot to mention to consider using the rel: attribute for the phone number. allows for users to call the number while viewing from a mobile device

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by djembe85 View Post
    Wonderful!!!! websites should provide customers with solutions, and i found it in under 4 seconds. well done. seriosly. clean, crisp, simpple. one thing though...that homepage background. took me a while to figure out it was a coffee shop, and the right side...not knowing they were handles (i think?) first appeared phallic.
    Thanks for your thoughts! I changed out the background and reorganized the order in the navigation bar. What do you guys think of the updates?

-James

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In your nav bar I think you would be better off changing 'Site Unlimited' to Info or about us. Site Unlimited tells me nothing about what is going to be on the page. I'd still recommend removing your email address from the info page, visible email address = increased bot email spam.
    Also to my eyes there is still something not right about the top banner, I don't think the banner colour works well with the background but I'm not sure. What do others think?

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I'm not a huge fan of websites with such a narrow main content area, but probably it is just a matter of taste. Apart from that it looks nice, easy to use and well organised.

I would play with different shades of blue for the top banner to find the one that works best with the background. Though it is not bad as it is.

Also, I would definitely change the second image on the homepage, the one with many words one of them "SEO". I've seen that stock image in so many websites so many times, using the same images as your competitors do does not make you stand out or appear as a serious business.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Remove Ads