Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Early Development

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Early Development

Alright, first things first! Hi! excited to be part of the community!

I choose to use woo comm. the navigation in mobile needs to be a different color. the bottom shop link is broken. The color scheme i chose was the number 1 palette rated at colourlovers.com....goldfish bowl or someother. in short its not proofed, and too many chiefs became involved with the design

The concern is with the logo and the design of the site.
    I don't want to be to revealing, because if you look for it.... you'll find it?

So, keep in mind, images are placeholding, this is only 2 weeks into development. thanks for the thoughts

http://www.draegerslikeus.com/dev/nshi

I really appreciate any feedback
    Last edited by djembe85; Apr 28th, 2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: forgot to link url

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    It's hard to evaluate since it's only in the design stage, but here goes.

One of the big problems with colourlovers.com palettes is that they're just colours put together by people because they think the colours look nice for things such as an abstract piece of art or a cartoon. They quite often do, but that usually doesn't translate to a good web design palette. The major reason is contrast ratio...whenever two colours are put together (e.g. orange on white) the contrast ratio is insufficient for accessibility purposes...meaning the contrast between the two colours is too low for some people to be able to read it.

Here's a free tool and a site that explains what I'm talking about in more detail.

Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) | The Paciello Group ? Your Accessibility Partner (WCAG 2.0/508 audits, VPAT, usability and accessible user experience)

If you can deal with that issue, I think you'll improve most of the other underlying issues with the design (e.g. the harsh orange on blue combination).
    Vapr_Arts and thomaspreece like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with TheGame1264, your website colours really make it difficult for me to read. I'd certainly recommend using very few 'very' different colours. Also if you only use a couple of colours you then make those colours part of your brand and help make your brand and website more recognisable

Member #
    heres some more background...help others. any hockey fans recognize the minnesota northstars from back in the 90. the whole time they were talking up the team, declaring their love for team, and in effect green and gold. minnesota north stars, green bay packers...remington. I loved it. the logo suggestions were all involving a compass. final logo suggestion...they want black and white with trees...okay...no green and gold. i tossed tossed the scheme out a 5 story windows.
    so they went from having a brand with color....to black and white.
    I'd suppose i overreacted lol. thanks for the feedback.

Remove Ads