Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hiitsme

Thread: What do you think about (www.BBDO.com) ?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you think about (www.BBDO.com) ?

Hi everyone, This is my first post on the forum. This is my review on BBDO. Please tell me what do you think about the website and share any comments about the design of the website. Thank you.

www.BBDO.com

BBDO is an international advertising agency, based in New York City. Starbucks, PepsiCo, The Economists, Visa Inc., and HBO are some of their clients that they worked with. They produce advertisement video to the public and we might have already seen some of these videos on the T.V. Therefore, the main purpose of BBDO is to show their ability in the video making and advertisement skills to the clients and customers. The website audience includes potential clients, employees, and the general public from all over the world. The content of the website should be about their values, works, and achievements. In order to analyze the website, we must use the rhetorical analysis.

When I enter BBDO, the website directly links to the page about their work. On the first page, the first thing that grabs my attention was the big photo of a man getting experimented on. In addition, the photo had the overlay caption of “The Lag Stress Test” which make this very clear. This photo is obviously their latest media work with an international client because the caption includes a foreign language. Furthermore, the big box allows you to scroll through 5 of their latest works. This is made obvious when you look at the bottom and see the years and thumbnails of many different works. However, the thumbnails are arranged in a way that the latter one would replace the older one. Hence, the most top left of the arrangement is the latest one. This fit with their purpose because they want to show what they were working on at this moment. This allows clients to see their latest work immediately. This will allows clients and customers to see their up to date skills in making advertising videos, which will help them get clients and also increase the amount of views on the latest advertisement. In addition, this will allows clients to see which other company that BBDO work with and how reputable they are.

On the top right of the website are 4 different tabs that says “The Work”, “News”, “About”, “Contact”. Each of the different tabs leads to a different page of the website. The tabs are arranged this way for potential clients and employees. In order to get people to do business with them, BBDO reveals their works first. The works show the realistic products of the company. Then, it will lead to the latest news and achievement in their news tabs. This allows clients to know the current position and performance of the company. After all the works and achievements, we can get to the about tab which explain their values and history. This tab allows potential clients and employees to know whether working BBDO is right for their company or not. At last, the contact tab allows clients and employees to get in touch with them to discuss about possible deals. This is logical because clients and employees want to know what they are working with first and then slowly lead to the point of contact. This allows clients to slowly make their way to wanting to work with this company from seeing all the advertisements, achievements, values, and other companies they work with. The steps from showing their work to contacting them work really well with their purpose, audience and context.

The color scheme of the website is simplistic and to the point. This simplicity helps audiences to focus on the works of the company, hence it serve the main purpose of this website. The works are the main things that would make client choose them. Each of the thumbnails also fits in with the whole theme of simplicity with only a small caption overlay on it. This minimalist theme also makes the website flow really well. This allows not only potential clients to view them, but even the general public can go through the website easily. The logo is also a basic typography with an orange color. The logo is not too big and distracting, so the potential clients will focus on their video. The logo being orange will still standout, which ultimate will make the clients and customers keep BBDO in mind when thinking about advertisement.

All in all, this website was designed with a single purpose, to attract potential clients and employees to work with them. It did really great with the minimalist theme and a simple color scheme. It allows the website to focus on the point and do not distract the audience. Therefore, the website truly fills the purpose of showing works, achievements, and values to the potential clients and employees through a really simple website.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I see this: BBDO is an international advertising agency, based in New York City. Starbucks, PepsiCo, The Economists, Visa Inc., and HBO are some of their clients that they worked with. They produce advertisement video to the public and we might have already seen some of these videos on the T.V. Therefore, the main purpose of BBDO is to show their ability in the video making and advertisement skills to the clients and customers. The website audience includes potential clients, employees, and the general public from all over the world. The content of the website should be about their values, works, and achievements. In order to analyze the website, we must use the rhetorical analysis.

When I enter BBDO, the website directly links to the page about their work. On the first page, the first thing that grabs my attention was the big photo of a man getting experimented on. In addition, the photo had the overlay caption of “The Lag Stress Test” which make this very clear. This photo is obviously their latest media work with an international client because the caption includes a foreign language. Furthermore, the big box allows you to scroll through 5 of their latest works. This is made obvious when you look at the bottom and see the years and thumbnails of many different works. However, the thumbnails are arranged in a way that the latter one would replace the older one. Hence, the most top left of the arrangement is the latest one. This fit with their purpose because they want to show what they were working on at this moment. This allows clients to see their latest work immediately. This will allows clients and customers to see their up to date skills in making advertising videos, which will help them get clients and also increase the amount of views on the latest advertisement. In addition, this will allows clients to see which other company that BBDO work with and how reputable they are.

On the top right of the website are 4 different tabs that says “The Work”, “News”, “About”, “Contact”. Each of the different tabs leads to a different page of the website. The tabs are arranged this way for potential clients and employees. In order to get people to do business with them, BBDO reveals their works first. The works show the realistic products of the company. Then, it will lead to the latest news and achievement in their news tabs. This allows clients to know the current position and performance of the company. After all the works and achievements, we can get to the about tab which explain their values and history. This tab allows potential clients and employees to know whether working BBDO is right for their company or not. At last, the contact tab allows clients and employees to get in touch with them to discuss about possible deals. This is logical because clients and employees want to know what they are working with first and then slowly lead to the point of contact. This allows clients to slowly make their way to wanting to work with this company from seeing all the advertisements, achievements, values, and other companies they work with. The steps from showing their work to contacting them work really well with their purpose, audience and context.

The color scheme of the website is simplistic and to the point. This simplicity helps audiences to focus on the works of the company, hence it serve the main purpose of this website. The works are the main things that would make client choose them. Each of the thumbnails also fits in with the whole theme of simplicity with only a small caption overlay on it. This minimalist theme also makes the website flow really well. This allows not only potential clients to view them, but even the general public can go through the website easily. The logo is also a basic typography with an orange color. The logo is not too big and distracting, so the potential clients will focus on their video. The logo being orange will still standout, which ultimate will make the clients and customers keep BBDO in mind when thinking about advertisement.

All in all, this website was designed with a single purpose, to attract potential clients and employees to work with them. It did really great with the minimalist theme and a simple color scheme. It allows the website to focus on the point and do not distract the audience. Therefore, the website truly fills the purpose of showing works, achievements, and values to the potential clients and employees through a really simple website. AND IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME READING IT, which I didn't. Anyways, when I first went to the site I sat on the first page trying to figure out what the hell your site was for. At first I thought it was a youtube knockoff and then I went to the about page where it says it is an advertising agency. I would add Advertising Agency somewhere on the front page, like underneath the red logo.

For the color and size of the font on the pure white bg, it's really hard to read at 1920x1080, though with that said at lower resolutions I notice the font is larger and easier to read. Also what is the deal with
    proximityworld and BBDO being the same design??

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I agree - it is unclear what the site is about and there is nothing there to motivate me to find that out. Also, I don't like the loading text "The work. The work. The work". Firstly, it wastes time, especially if it is not the first time user goes to the website, and serves absolutely no purpose - says nothing about your company, nothing to motivate people to wait for a couple of seconds, plain useless and annoying. You need some headings for the the video sections to tell people what these videos are - don't assume that everyone knows what you are and what you offer. I would try to fit some of the "Who we are" content on the homepage, because now there is a serious lack of content there. It doesn't even look like a homepage.

As for this: "On the top right of the website are 4 different tabs that says “The Work”, “News”, “About”, “Contact”. Each of the different tabs leads to a different page of the website. The tabs are arranged this way for potential clients and employees. In order to get people to do business with them, BBDO reveals their works first. The works show the realistic products of the company. Then, it will lead to the latest news and achievement in their news tabs. This allows clients to know the current position and performance of the company. " - Nobody reads stuff in the order you want them to read.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Remove Ads