Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.carsoundstudio.com.au/

Not my work, but just wanted to get some feedback on the design, i might be doing a bit of work on this site in the very near future.

I used to work for this place, as a car audio technician, the owner has always had problems with the guy who hosts and designed his site.

anyway, if you see any improvements that can be made, let me know

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The first issue I noticed is a lack of clear focal point on the homepage - hard to decide where to look at once you go to the website for the first time. The block with the telephone number got my attention first, even though that's not the most important bit. Homepage is a bit of a mess... Hard to say from the first glance what the site offers, products/offers are "Good", "Better", "Best", but good what?? Unclear what these things are. The real intro text is below the rotating images and it seems that the title of that section is the text on the image, which in fact is not (I realised that only after some time). So many people will assume that the text is about "Ultimate installation" or whatever is on the image and won't read it. Having hardly visible arrows make it worse, since people might not realise that it is a carousel, not just an image.

So the main problem is that the content is 'hidden' and the most important things are not at the top. The website looks nice in general, just some things need to be re-arranged. And menu links need to be bigger.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi Timbo,

I agree with hiitsme, there is no real focal point to the homepage. It looks very templated/blocky with no real design elements allowing for conversion.
    I would recommend a full width image slider to grab your attention in regards to the services the company offer, or who the company is. Without going through the entire site, its quite unclear. An introduction to the packages would be ideal and introducing them once the user has an understanding of the general idea of the companies usps.

The navigation, slider, package boxes are all out of proportion. The navigation is so small in comparison to the boxes.
    I would certainly keep the contact form for conversion purposes but overall the design requires some design flair.

I hope this helps

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I know, i agree with all of the above, at the moment i'm acting as more of a consultant for the business, i don't actually work there any more.

It was made by someone who runs a 'professional design business' (I don't agree with someone using a wysiwyg system being called a web designer or developer).

As for the load speeds, i have no idea why it takes ~13 seconds to even request the site, the only thing i can think of that would cause that is if the designer is hosting the site himself.

--

I just want to completely scrap the current site and start again... but it's not up to me :P

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Maybe check the crawl rate set up on gwt? Some 'proffesional web designers and developers' like to turn the crawl rate up as high as they can which results in page load times such as this one

Remove Ads