Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm the volunteer webmaster for a non-profit organization. They decided they wanted a new, updated look for their web site, and I agreed to do it. They provided me with their logo, and I built the site to match it in style and in color.

Their logo has a white background, which is why I used a white background for the site. Not that there's anything wrong with white!

They were very pleased with the new look, but I still feel that I could have done better.

Any thoughts?

http://www.rainbowtrain.org

Thanks!

Lane

Yaz
    Member #
    Nice,

One suggestion, make text size smaller.. for the navigation and the content. Its too big. As for the look, its good, I mean Unless you want to add more eye candy stuff (which will make the site load slower) its good.
    ..:: Yaz ::..

Member #
    My only suggestion that could make this website excellent at the moment is to lower the size of your text, in both the navigation and also the body.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Well my comments are that you have to much white space at the top of your site and also try to make your title less jaggy, try setting the text to sharp or crisp, or anti-aliasizing
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    My suggestion: take a look at it in Mozilla. I attached a screen shot. I looked at it in IE, and it looked different at different resolutions too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On my Mozilla Firebird on Red Hat Linux the text disappears off the side of the screen....

I'd guess the site renders at around 2000x400

Sean

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As the site is aimed for use by the elderly I would say that the navigation text size is fine.

Member #
    Also a mozilla user, so I'm getting the text going way off screen, as well as the bottem text overlapping the photo. Put a width restriction on that sucker and she'll be all good!
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Updated Rainbow Train site

Thank you all for your feedback on the site I designed and built for Rainbow Train.

Based on your feedback, I made some modifications to the main page so that it displays properly with Netscape and Mozilla. Here's the revised version:

Updated Rainbow Train home page

I'm still not satisfied, because at lower resolutions, the display doesn't work. (The blue background encroaches on the main part of the page.) Plus, I'd like for the content to be displayed in the center of the screen with the blue border around it, but I haven't gotten that to work.

Note that I am using <div> tags for positioning and avoiding using <table> tags. I've tried a lot of different things, and nothing works the way I want.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, what is the suggested maximum horizontal width for content to avoid making users scroll horizontally even if they're running at 800 x 600?

Thanks!

Lane

Member #
    Hi if you are using PS to create ur logo/title, then try setting the text layer to crisp or sharp or smooth, so that it isnt jaggy
    regards,
    robc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads