Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: http://coyotecreekartistry.com/

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.8 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://coyotecreekartistry.com/

Coyote Creek Artistry
    Before you tell me it's empty, i know... just after feedback on the design so far.

There's text, and soon to be pictures on the 'Field Care" page, and the gallery should work.

Ideas, suggestion, thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Unfortunately, im not a fan of this one to be perfectly honest.
    The overall design seems flat and dated. The header area looks somewhat lack luster with minimal creativity.
    Its only really the field care page which I can comment on but its very content heavy, the background makes for harder reading.
    I'd advise making some features of the key text. IE the 'life saving tips' could have numerous, more creative and dynamic ideas than just flat, plain content.
    Look at ways to highlight your key elements better. A paragraph or 2 of flat comment is fine, make sections, columns, add icons, some interactivity. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of text isn't necessary.
    Definitely look at your h1 and h2 tags, they need some padding, everything seems scrunched together, including the footer info.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    The big problem I have with this site doesn't have to do with the layout; it has to do with the content. The home page has nothing on it besides a header. What is this site about? What do these guys do? What's "coyote artistry"? I read through and figured out eventually that they're taxidermists, but most won't. You'll lose them before they go any further.

Who are these people? How long have they been in business? What do they charge? How does the process work?

There are about a thousand unanswered questions. Those questions, and getting them answered, will dictate the layout.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Jun 08th, 2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Misused a word.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree with Studio87 that the design does have a flat, dated look and feel to it. I would incorporate one of the other mounts such as the the Coyote head in the American section, it would fit better for a banner image, I would also add something like Coyote Creek Artistry - Taxidermy.

I always research the industry of what I am designing a website for and I would advise you to always do the same if you don't already. The reason I say this is your web design "so far" doesn't really fit a taxidermy website color wise. Here is a decent example I found for a taxidermy site. The reason I like it is the colors fit better, such as the brown font and icons that matches half of their mounts and helps to blend the whole website together.

Oh and I get that the leaping fox is probably their best mount but since it is vertical it doesn't do any good in your banner, it's not really showing how awesome it is. Put it lower on the home page and put some content next to it like this design I am working on.
    Last edited by Fireproofgfx; Jun 08th, 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Alright, i've had a play around with everything, have a look and let me know what you think now
    I know there's still no content, i don't yet have anything for it.

feedback on the design and responsiveness is what i'm after

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Still need to add Taxidermy to the header bellow the title (even the example site I shared yesterday has "Premier Taxidermy Studio" under the business name, which makes it sound very professional) and again that Fox would look better in a full vertical image not cut off. I like the idea of the Header Image changing on different pages, that is good but you should maybe think about removing the fence behind it and at the minimum Sharpen the imagse to make it crisp.
    Last edited by Fireproofgfx; Jun 09th, 2015 at 08:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Lots better Timbo,

Id check your page widths because the page seems to jump left and right when flicking through the pages.

The field care page is still content heavy... I appreciate all of the content needs to be included, however there are better ways to display it all.

How about making the header images full width? I think this would eliminate the templated look of the site. Go a step further, modernise it and make it a relevant video playing? Or include some bold header tags which explain the services the client offers.

Its certainly getting there and a huge improvement on the first take.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio87 View Post
    Lots better Timbo,

Id check your page widths because the page seems to jump left and right when flicking through the pages.

The field care page is still content heavy... I appreciate all of the content needs to be included, however there are better ways to display it all.

How about making the header images full width? I think this would eliminate the templated look of the site. Go a step further, modernise it and make it a relevant video playing? Or include some bold header tags which explain the services the client offers.

Its certainly getting there and a huge improvement on the first take.
    Page widths are doing that because of the scroll bar, once i have a bit more content for the home page that'll be sorted

The field care page; do you have any suggestions? .. i'm still waiting for images for this page, so there's going to be even more content to try and stuff in there

Full width images... i've talked to the business owner and organised to get a few more suitable images for this, i agree that it would look a lot better.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Studio87, I've changed the field care page to compact it a bit, not sure if the transitions are too jarring though.

Let me know what you think

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Your on the right page with the expandable boxes. Im not sure its obvious that they expand though. Theres a few ways to do this... using the + and - symbols, or up and down arrows, having the first section open by default. There are plenty of good examples where they work online.

The site has already improved dramatically, do your thing and show us when your nearer completion. Happy to give more feedback later down the line :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads