Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please Review My Website - And Suggest any Improvements - Printing Press Company

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please Review My Website - And Suggest any Improvements - Printing Press Company

Hey guys i'm finishing up a website that i'm creating for the company i work for. It's using a Web-To-Print back end service that a lot of printing companies use. This was mandatory for me to use by my boss. They give me access to customize everything with HTML and CSS. Sadly they will not let me change any of their Javascript so i had to style it only with CSS. I had to find a lot of CSS work-a-arounds to try and get the same affects that i'd normally do with Jquery and try to pull them off with CSS3. (Ex. the slider at the bottom of the page, or the vertical navigation)

The Website is CMYK (Cyan, Magenta,Yellow and Black) themed being it's a Printing Press company. I like the direction so far, but i could use any advice on things i can better to make the UX better and overall design.
    Currently the website is not mobile friendly, that will be the next thing i work on once i'm finished to the current re-design.

Advanced Litho

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Are you responsible for the graphical work? I think you have made great improvements to the site. The issues I'm having is graphically. Mainly the use of Wreck It Ralph. I don't think placing another persons face over someone else's artwork is going to be ok. Definitely not creative.

The mouse in the "Design Online" section. That mouse is driving me crazy! Personally I think it should be removed. Most laptops have a trackpad and the laptop alone can work without one. Keep it simple right? If it has to stay at least get the dimensions right.

Theres way too many pages to go through and critique everything. I will say the site looks a lot better from the screenshot. I like the navigation changes, unless you added more to the large list of pages in the drop downs. I like the overall design. Not responsive though.. Thats an issue in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually am responsible for the graphical work. I will take your advice, and see if i like it better without the mouse. The image was created by my in Illustrator. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually in the progress of re-designing the TOP navigation with a Mega Menu drop down. I've read in UX studies that Mega Menus are better for Commerce sites, and hopefully that will make the navigation even better. I've also re-organized the entire Drop Down menu, so hopefully everything will make more sense! I'm getting rid of the current labels which are currently even confusing to me.

Sadly the Wreck-it-Ralph images is coming from our Graphic Designer, and my boss wants to keep that style for branding reasons. This is not really my choice, i'm doing my best to replace them with something better. My boss want's me to re-design them soon.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio87 View Post
    Your changes have definately benefited the website. I like the section at the bottom of the screenshot for one simple reason.
    I work with printing companies on a regular basis myself and if I was to visit your website to either price a job up or to order, your category headings mean nothing to me. If I want business cards, it has to be obvious thats a) a service you provide and b) a quick link to it is beneficial.
    Id include something simular to that bottom section of your screenshot so no matter what i'm looking for, its easy enough to find. At the moment this is a huge pit fall in the current website.
    I'm currently replacing the top navigation with an entire new menu. I re-organized the categories, and i'm actually turning it into a Mega Drop down Menu with no sub-categories. I read this is a good practice for good UX in Ecommerce. I will be updatng it at the end of the day, and i'll send you guys an update to see what you think. The entire thing is being replaced with Parent categories that make sense. (Ex. Business Card, Banners & Flyers, Post Cards, Stationary / Greeting). Hopefully this will help with the current navigation greatly. I'll keep you updated when i'm done.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I updated the Navigation Menu with a Mega Menu.

https://jsfiddle.net/dshojaei/vbcztk...bedded/result/

The JsFiddle has a older version of the site body compared to the current. Advanced Litho. But the changes i'm working on is the navigation menu. What do you guys think of it now? Make a little more sense?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads