Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site check

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.siddharta.net
    comments please

Member #
    Well its ok, too much flash in my opinion, and even when i turn off the sound it still makes sounds :angry:

Nav is hard to locate...
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    its a nice looking site.. But personally, i think flash sucks so i will give you a 3/5.

Member #
    Also, what is your site about? To me, it looks as though its a band, but you need to atleast tell your audience something about the web site.

Member #
    Too much flash

Can't find the nav on first visit.

What is point of having Manual or Automatic Navigation?? I didn't even know what they each were.
    Manual navgiation is wicked - but i don't know what tro do once I get there, seems like an unnecessary commodity.

Sounds are still made when sound is off

Overall, I give it a 4/5 - because i sort of like your site and I can see that a lot of time and effort was put into creating it. Well Done. Good Job
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Clearly you have some talent in Flash, but the usability needs some improvement. And the sound you have, drives me from zero to annoyed in 2.5 seconds!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I normally make it a point to try and find positive and negative aspects in every site I critique, but I can't find any positives in this one at all, unfortunately. The site is an absolute pain in the butt to navigate, it took me over a minute to figure out what SLOVh vs. ENGRh was, and the sound for it is annoying and interferes with Jimmy.

You really need to look at making it more user-friendly, as mentioned before, before anyone can really begin to comment. I'm sure most of us missed 70-80% of what was on your site simply because we couldn't find it.

Overall...1 star, which I don't ever give unless I feel there's a good reason to.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Technically, this site might have the potential, but is damn annoying because it's not made for human navigation:

- SLOVh vs ENGRh issue.
    - I don't want to see a transition every time I navigate another section!
    - sounds: is that my grandpa in the bathtub or what?
    - logo: antialiased WordArt? Looks boring.
    - mystery meat navigation sucks. what does the (x) mean in the lower left corner?
    - too much white space.

You have some technical knowledge, but you need to redesign the site to be... usable.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, it locked up my browser... that was impressive.

Then when I checked task manager it was eating up 99% of all my available CPU.

Is it meant to do that?

Sean

Remove Ads