Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review my website and suggest improvements

Hello guys, I'm working on my website - curated news aggregator featuring nearly hundred of the highest quality news sources around the world. My goal is to provide fast access to current most popular stories. TN algorithm groups timeline news events and topics, also computes popularity scores for topics. I've worked hard on the backend and lost perspective on layout and design (if I even had it). I would appreciate any suggestions, any type of feedback, so I can improve layout and design. What would you change, what you don't like, what would be better if..
    Alex Flower

link

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Id start with the top bar where the logo/nav is. The blue on blue even tho it is a different shade doesn't have enough contrast to me.

Your article titles dont stand out to me either. I think you need to bold them up some at the least. The first 3 articles do stand out some but not as much and the rest of the articles under the top 3 really dont read as title/headlines. Id personally like submenus as well. Long lists dont make me happy. I like short lists with options to dig deeper once ive selected the category im interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thank you very much for the feedback.

I will increase contrast on logo/nav, maybe I can change the colors. I have to think more about titles, I was using google font, but I've removed it, for speed.
    Long list of titles looks bad, now I can see that. Thank you for mentioning submenus, I've asked myself, but wasn't sure I need them. I have already some ideas how to fix most of the problems.

Thank you for your thoughts, you're really helpful.
    Best regards, Alex.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alexflower View Post
    Thank you very much for the feedback.

I will increase contrast on logo/nav, maybe I can change the colors. I have to think more about titles, I was using google font, but I've removed it, for speed.
    Long list of titles looks bad, now I can see that. Thank you for mentioning submenus, I've asked myself, but wasn't sure I need them. I have already some ideas how to fix most of the problems.

Thank you for your thoughts, you're really helpful.
    Best regards, Alex.
    Re-add the fonts and find somewhere else to worry about speed if i were you. The fonts wont add much time and if the design looked better it would be worth it.

Member #
    Hi, I've just finished the new vision. I'm using Google's material design framework now.

Please check it out - link

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Big improvement man! Looks good. The one thing i don't like is i cant get back to the home page from the nav. I'd add a home button

Member #
    Vapr_Arts, thank you!

Yep, navigation is not great at the moment. I will think about that.

Thanks for feedback.

Remove Ads