Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Design business/portfolio concept site

Hey guys,
    A buddy and I have been working on a new design for our upcoming business together.

I must say this up front before someone chews me out but the site is hosted by weebly. This is not a weebly template in any shape or form. It's mostly custom code and some scripts.

NOTES*
    - Still working on all the portfolio sections. Only web design and print media work.
    - We know were not the cleanest coders so please bare with us. Will most likely go back and clean it all up.
    - We will also rid of all the standard weebly css and such.
    - Also will mention some of the vector illustrations are purchase stock images. Neither of us are great at illustrator. Just wanted to mention before anyone says anything.

gtown graphics - Home
    Last edited by Metatrox; Jul 17th, 2015 at 08:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    It's good to see a 'web designer' who doesn't just use a template.

The site looks good in a full screen window on my computer, although it's not responsive, if i re-size the browser window, some of the text is out of view and i'm not able to scroll over to see it.

other than that, colours are good, graphics are sharp, transitions are good for grabbing attention (although there may have been a few too many).

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Aside from the issues with it not being very responsive the sites not too bad.

Im a lil concerned with some of the actual design work though. Specifically the print work. There looks to be some contrast issues. Have either of you studied design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    First off, I like your Gtown Graphic on the start of the page, looks nice. I think you need to reconsider your font choice though, it's hard on the eyes to read the thinner font and in Chrome the font shows some distortion. I would also add a line height of 1.2em. I like print designs personally and I feel like you guys are off to a great start!!

body { margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.5em;}

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo89 View Post
    It's good to see a 'web designer' who doesn't just use a template.

The site looks good in a full screen window on my computer, although it's not responsive, if i re-size the browser window, some of the text is out of view and i'm not able to scroll over to see it.

other than that, colours are good, graphics are sharp, transitions are good for grabbing attention (although there may have been a few too many).
    Thank you,
    We are still working on the responsiveness. It should look ok on most mobile devices with it using viewport. We do want to make that a better experience though. We will probably remove a few of the transitions to get away from motion sickness lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Aside from the issues with it not being very responsive the sites not too bad.

Im a lil concerned with some of the actual design work though. Specifically the print work. There looks to be some contrast issues. Have either of you studied design?
    Thanks! Neither of us have studied design. I myself have over 15 years of freelance and employed experience though. What type of contrast issues do you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    First off, I like your Gtown Graphic on the start of the page, looks nice. I think you need to reconsider your font choice though, it's hard on the eyes to read the thinner font and in Chrome the font shows some distortion. I would also add a line height of 1.2em. I like print designs personally and I feel like you guys are off to a great start!!

body { margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif; font-size:16px; line-height:1.5em;}
    Thank you!
    I'll try and thicken up the font a little. I love the font so much but i see what you mean. especially on the bright colors.
    Unfortunately at the office I don't have access to any Windows machine to try IE. I am trying it all on Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    It looks better in IE over Chrome which I am surprised lol since IE sucks. Anyways, there are some flaws with the sites responsiveness. Here is a site Responsinator - www.gtowngraphics.com/ where you can see what your site will look like on several top devices. I hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    It looks better in IE over Chrome which I am surprised lol since IE sucks. Anyways, there are some flaws with the sites responsiveness. Here is a site Responsinator - www.gtowngraphics.com/ where you can see what your site will look like on several top devices. I hope this helps.
    Thanks I'll check it out. But Doesn't setting the viewport width compensate for most mobile devices?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Metatrox View Post
    Thanks! Neither of us have studied design. I myself have over 15 years of freelance and employed experience though. What type of contrast issues do you speak of?
    The Cash Cow logo is hard to read when placed on top of some to the greens and for some reason its changed colors on the purple version? I assume thats from the Get Naked brand? It also changes font from time to time?

The very last Indian Village poster with the copper-ish gradient would be hard to read from distance.

I know you didn't really ask for a critique on your work just trying to help!

I did notice on my desktop that when I view it in Safari theres a white bar at the very bottom that cuts off par of the About section. It only does this when the browser width is larger than what I guess is about 1000px. Anything less than 1000px and it looks fine.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    The Cash Cow logo is hard to read when placed on top of some to the greens and for some reason its changed colors on the purple version? I assume thats from the Get Naked brand? It also changes font from time to time?

The very last Indian Village poster with the copper-ish gradient would be hard to read from distance.

I know you didn't really ask for a critique on your work just trying to help!

I did notice on my desktop that when I view it in Safari theres a white bar at the very bottom that cuts off par of the About section. It only does this when the browser width is larger than what I guess is about 1000px. Anything less than 1000px and it looks fine.

Ah yes, some of the cash cow logo colors are different so that they didn't' clash with the color theme of the flyer. The font was originally the times new roman they had someone else do for them many years ago. Once we got the O.K to change it, it was the first thing I did. LOL

The Indian Village poster should have more as you mentioned. Sometimes the clients just don't like to listen. LOL

It's cool I appreciate the input. It's always good to grow and learn.

I fixed the white bar. it was because I adjusted the font per someone else's post and it extended the content to far. Should be good now.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Design business/portfolio concept site

Quote Originally Posted by Metatrox View Post
    Ah yes, some of the cash cow logo colors are different so that they didn't' clash with the color theme of the flyer. The font was originally the times new roman they had someone else do for them many years ago. Once we got the O.K to change it, it was the first thing I did. LOL

The Indian Village poster should have more as you mentioned. Sometimes the clients just don't like to listen. LOL

It's cool I appreciate the input. It's always good to grow and learn.

I fixed the white bar. it was because I adjusted the font per someone else's post and it extended the content to far. Should be good now.
    I definitely like your work and can understand clients who are stubborn! Are all your sites built on Weebly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads