Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My second portfolio

Hi again,

I got some ideas from the previous thread and this is what I've come up with now:

Ynef's Portfolio | An online collection of various work done by Frank Petser throughout the years

• The portfolio is running on WordPress unlike my previous one that had no CMS.
    • The Artwork and Music categories get a custom header by manipulating the css using jquery.
    • Header text and menu disappear after you start scrolling.
    • Should work on most modern browsers.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    MUCH better than your previous website, over all the visual style is great, you using a much cleaner design than before, and implementing wordpress, for which I applaud you. The only things I would change is to make the header sticky (why should it disappear on the home page if there is still room for it when scrolled all the way down). and to remove the colors on html, css, php, and jquery, as using accent colors in text generally indicates that that is a link, and not normal text as described here. (You should read through the google material design spec by the way, it's a very useful tool, and highlights how you can make something visually appealing really easily, and it's like a ~15-20 minute read).

Back to your site though, overall, it's much better, this is the site of a person I would seriously consider hiring, so good job, and good luck with your work .
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    The design is simple but beautiful. I must go through your source code and see what I can "borrow" from you.

Member #
    Thanks guys for the positive words!

@Noteleklabs, I have a pretty wide screen size (1366x768) and that's why I wasn't even thinking about fixing the header. Good idea though! I will change that.

Remove Ads