Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Not Enough Text

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey,
    I was just thinking if I had enough text on my website. Please give me some comments concerning if that is enough or if i need to add a little more. The text I'm talking about is on the home page. Thanks!

http://www.kmdmsn.tk
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    You have posted the same web site about 5 times now kevin...
    You have a sufficient amount of text of your homepage, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Member #
    Well sorry to go off topic, your site has some problems, the layout is slightly wacky and that icon you have used in the Iframe looks like the sony erricson, but in blue
    regards,
    robc

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It goes wrong in Mozilla, the iFrame is left aligned.

Also, nothing has really changed since you last posted for us to take a look at your site.

Member #
    Agreed. There is sufficient text on your site, but the site news looks weird in those boxes, because the text is already in a box (the iframe). I'd either lose the boxes, or make them bigger. You're wasting alot of space by making those update boxes so narrow.

Member #
    Size of boxes

Thanks for the tips,
    About the info boxes in the tables, do you think that i should make their width as big as the iframe itself or maybe 10 or 15 pixels short of it? Thanks!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I wouldn't make them the entire width. You can try giving them 10-15 pixels of padding, but they still might not look right. You may want to find a more subtle way of breaking those sections up than using those huge boxes.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not keen on the pop-up advertising that appears when one tries to leave your site.

"You may be being watched", followed by unsolicited attempt to install software.

Not appreciated at all, mate.

Sean

Member #
    I visited his site and then left, and I didn't get a popup ad. You may want to check your computer for other types of spyware and adware. For everyone's benefit, there's a program called Ad-aware that will scan your computer and rid you of any malicious programs. As a warning, it will remove Kazaa from your computer, because that is one of the worst offenders of installing spyware.

Member #
    Kazaa is a hurrendous offender who should be put to shame (not saying bout its P2P, just by there ad-ware)

Well the site is ugly to me man. Change the text and do something to spice it up some more.

-just my opinion

Remove Ads