Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I'm testing out a new site, Web Conferencing Center and would like some feedback on basic deisng template.

Does it look ok in your browser?

Is this template lame for something content only based?

I was looking at phpNuke, but perhaps too complicated for what I have in mind.

Thanks,
    Loren

Member #
    Not really a fan of this design. The corner images you have are really distracting. You have no table borders, but you have large table corners.

Also, the first thing I see when I come to your page is Adwords by Google! This makes me want to leave right away. Your most important content is advertising?

You have no images on this site. It's very hard to make a professional, eye-catching design without any images. It can be done, but it's very difficult.

Draw out on a piece of paper what you want the site to look like, and then devise a color scheme. Start working on the computer from there.

Member #
    Looks nice. Just add pictures to the "info" of the navigation.

Like the Web Conferencing Info< make a picture and put it in there. Hope you get what I'm saying.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    it's not my kind of site either. It's not catchy enough and it's too plain. You want a style about your site with a layout made from images using tables.

Draw it - Cut it - HTML IT lol

add images, roleovers css here and there spruce it up make it catchy you havent even got a header to your page or have you? to me just seems like text..

have fun
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    kirman, he is using CSS in this web site.
    But the others are right, you need to add some images and get rid of that ugly 'ads by google' thing... Or atleast move it.

Member #
    Top image isn't loading for me. (and is aligned to the right)

I don't dig those images on the corner of your tables, I think the site would be much cleaner without these. I also think you should valign your left navigation towards the top.
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not too keen on this design at all, I'm afraid :-(

Firstly, in my 800x600 Mozilla it is simply too wide... you have to scroll to get the right hand side of the screen...

See http://www.seanmiller.net/images/sitex.jpg to see what I mean...

Secondly, the bottom of the page. It is ragged, with the left, the middle and the right ending at different positions down the screen... your corner images only serve to highlight this discrepancy... I am an advocate of framing a page design, so would rather see something at the bottom to "finish off the page", perhaps something as simple as sticking your copyright notice on a grey background in a cell 100% of the screen width?

See http://www.seanmiller.net/images/sitex_2.jpg to see what I mean about the ragged bottom.

Finally the mix between whitespace and text... there are some areas of the page where everything seems very "crammed in", or cluttered... Take the top left of the screen... you have the words "Web Conferencing" *five* times in three lines.... and those lines are all very close together... they could do with being given space to breathe...

See http://www.seanmiller.net/images/sitex_3.jpg for my point

I think the site lacks focus. It needs to concentrate more on what it is trying to say, and then it needs to say it is a succinct and persuasive manner. The eye needs to be drawn into the main selling points, rather than distracted by irrelevent waffle -- what do the Google adverts add to your page? Why repeat the words "web conferencing" so much? Are you trying to plant ideas through repetition? If so, I think it needs to be more subtle.

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i was half a sleep when i wrote that lol, just checked and it's my mistake I am truely sowwy
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Remove Ads