Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Anyone want to critique my personal blog?

I am new to web design and do it as a hobby. But I would like to see what everyone here thinks of my blog and how I can improve it.

I designed the entire layout myself, and would like someone to critique it.

Link: RichiezhangBlog

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Loads way to slow. Have you optimized your images?
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    Loads way to slow. Have you optimized your images?
    I am thinking of doing that, but am not really sure how.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyBirdy View Post
    I am thinking of doing that, but am not really sure how.
    You need to optimize your images in an image editor.

Here is a link to Photoshop CS2. Adobe has put it up for grabs which makes it free. Be sure to get the Adobe Serial Number on the same page. Make sure it will run on your system. If you get it installed do a search on youtube for optimizing images in Photoshop CS2. Basically the same way in all the PS. If you need help just yell again.

It's also the last version of Photoshop that comes with ImageReady. Everyone in my office loves ImageReady.
    We've got CS2 installed on Windows OS from 2000 Pro - Windows 7.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Download - TechSpot
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 23rd, 2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You need to optimize your images in an image editor.

Here is a link to Photoshop CS2. Adobe has put it up for grabs which makes it free. Be sure to get the Adobe Serial Number on the same page. Make sure it will run on your system. If you get it installed do a search on youtube for optimizing images in Photoshop CS2. Basically the same way in all the PS. If you need help just yell again.

It's also the last version of Photoshop that comes with ImageReady. Everyone in my office loves ImageReady.
    We've got CS2 installed on Windows OS from 2000 Pro - Windows 7.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Download - TechSpot
    No way Adobe is just giving this away for free? This cant be a legal copy! Can it? I mean I know its old so maybe? it just surprises me. Crazy crazy

To OP, the slow load is definitely something that should be addressed. Im also not a big fan of the buttons on the bottom they look outdated. Your blogs seem to be techy but the large image doesn't reinforce that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    It's free and it's legal! and has been for almost a year.

Illustrator Cs2, Indesign Cs2, Acrobat 8 and 8 Pro are free also. I think if you have an account with Adobe you can get Dreamweaver Cs2 free also.

You can search for them on the same Photoshop download page and get them as well. Be sure to get the Adobe Serial Numbers on the download page before you download.

It may be old to some folks but it works. We go all the way up to Cs5 but still use CS2 and ImageReady Cs2.

My husband still uses Photoshop Cs3 and ImageReady 7.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 23rd, 2015 at 12:40 AM.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It's free and it's legal! and has been for almost a year.

Illustrator Cs2, Indesign Cs2, Acrobat 8 and 8 Pro are free also. I think if you have an account with Adobe you can get Dreamweaver Cs2 free also.

You can search for them on the same Photoshop download page and get them as well. Be sure to get the Adobe Serial Numbers on the download page before you download.

It may be old to some folks but it works. We go all the way up to Cs5 but still use CS2 and ImageReady Cs2.

My husband still uses Photoshop Cs3 and ImageReady 7.
    Yea I have nothing against it being an older version. The newer versions just have fancy tools that do what the older versions could do with a little more work. I was just surprised Adobe would allow it. They seem very money hungry, to me at least.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Yea I have nothing against it being an older version. The newer versions just have fancy tools that do what the older versions could do with a little more work. I was just surprised Adobe would allow it. They seem very money hungry, to me at least.

Adobe actually made a mistake having something to do with the licensing aspect of Cs2 and when they realized their mistake it was to time consuming and expensive to stop it so they just let it go for free. That's what I read about it.

We can do the same things we need to do so I haven't upgraded past cs5 and have no intentions to do so for several more years. I have to purchase 10 seats and it's just to expensive when we can do what we need to do with what we already have.

The same with Dreamweaver. We stopped using DW and went full time with Expression Web 4 so I've not updated DW after Cs5.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 23rd, 2015 at 01:48 AM.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Optimizing images is very easy in PhotoShop and it can make a world of difference in how fast a web page loads. I would suggest grabbing that CS-2 while you can. It will do what you need and is a far better program than many of the usually less expensive options.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Other than being very image heavy I think the site overall is pretty good especially if that's your first site. There are some padding/margin issues on the content but the design of the page is actually quite good. I would get rid of the big image at the top of each page since you already have the little round image at the top of each page so that there will be less scrolling down to get to the actualy content.

Remove Ads