Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Best off the shelf website package

I have been asked by the powers that be to get another website package. Talking to others I have been told that SquareSpace is the best out there, while others are saying WordPress, looking through google it would seem that SquareSpace wins hands down, but before I go ahead with this, I could really do with your views.

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    My views are purely from what I have seen considering I have never used either very much. I did do some light looking/playing around with WP but not much. Maybe for an hour or less, definitely not more than an hour.

Wordpress is extremely customizable but has issues like load times and security just to name a few. Security is obviously an important topic but load times are also pretty important for SEO and other reasons.

Squarespace is less customizable especially if you don't know any coding.

You say "...get another website package." Which are you using now? How complex is the website? What types of features do you need? What kind of business are you/they in? Answering any or all of these questions can help gage which is better for your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thanks for getting back to me. We are a beauty college in UK we have a customised website (Umbraco) which is our main one, but we do fitness courses as well, we feel that our main website might be putting fitness people off as its more beauty orientated so have decided to get a another website to run along side ours to deal with fitness purely. It will just be used as a gallery, course details, blogs, payments, nothing major.

In relation to coding, I have to say I do have very limited knowledge, just your basic html experience so I want to be able to put something together quite easily as well as when I am away or run over by the proverbial bus, someone will be able to quickly work out how to run it.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    It may be solved easier with just a redesign rather than a brand new website. Creating a new website may only confuse people. I'd highly recommend trying to redesign your site to feature both programs.

The payments, how do they work exactly? Is a shopping cart involved? How is it on the site you have now?

If I had to recommend one over the other I would say Squarespace for the simplicity factor but in all honesty I feel you would benefit best from hiring a professional designer, and developer. Get the designer in there to figure out a design that caters to both programs and then allow him/her to work with a developer or have a dev build your back-end for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads