Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By timbo89

Thread: Please review my website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review my website

Hi All,

I was hoping a few of you could take a look at my website and tell me what you think. I love constructive criticism, and remember I said constructive which doesn't equal to flames haha just kidding.... No really I would love to get feedback on my content, design and any suggestions. You could also comment on my webpage to let everyone else know your thoughts positive or negative.

PowerBall Strategies

Thanks In Advance!

Chris

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The background image makes it look like it is one of those many scam/pyramid scheme websites out there.

Member #
    I can understand where you are seeing that. Since money in its self is associated with so many scams offline and online. I can understand you seeing money on the screen would cause your first thought to be SCAM, I've had the same experience. But I will probably keep it because it looks cool. I hate scams just as much as you and I'm in no way trying to put off that vibe. I will change it if I get a lot of replies saying the same thing you are. Thanks so much for your input!

Chris

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Site layout works well, it is responsive which is good, but it is just a wordpress theme with a custom background.

And ia have to agree with hiitsme, it just looks like a scam site, it's very wordy and nothing really stands out other than 'how to win powerball' which has nothing to do with half of the articles on the site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo89 View Post
    Site layout works well, it is responsive which is good, but it is just a wordpress theme with a custom background.

And ia have to agree with hiitsme, it just looks like a scam site, it's very wordy and nothing really stands out other than 'how to win powerball' which has nothing to do with half of the articles on the site.
    Hey Timbo thanks for your reply! Yes it is a Wordpress theme with a customer background. Not sure what is wrong with that, you have to build your website on something right? Secondly It's wordy because I have something to say, are there suppose to be no words with no value? And thirdly the Keyword How To Win The Powerball is searched for on Google over 3000 times a month so people ARE looking for strategies on how to win the powerball. They simply need to know there is not a strategy but an alternative. So to you it makes no sense but for somebody that actually searches with the term Powerball Strategies because for some reason Google decided to use that as my main keyword even though I have it as How to win the powerball in my title and throughout my site and only once did I put powerball strategies in my site. Google is strange and All in one SEO does not work bah! I will consider changing the background, I had it originally just plain dark blue which to me looked fine but somebody said that looked to plain and I should have a background with money so I did that. I like the current background I think it looks really cool but I don't want to send off the wrong message either. Thank you for your feedback buddy really appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I didn't see the original background image that hiitsme saw, but I did read his comment and Tim's. They're right...it's a scam. More specifically, it's a thin affiliate site. Basically, you're reselling a tool to build websites as quickly and inexpensively as possible, and that will somehow magically generate Residual Income For The Rest Of Your Life (TM). Well, kid, we've heard it. It isn't fresh. It isn't new. The pitch was around in the mid-90's and the language and tools have changed only slightly. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now (except on even bigger idiots who happen to fork over the $47 a month desperately looking to escape whatever miserable situation they find themselves in), and it isn't going to work in the future.

In other words, you can't just build a site about something you're "passionate about" and expect to make money. You have to have an original idea, or at the very least original content, for the site. Throwing up a bunch of content on WordPress based on "high traffic keywords" and expecting to make money isn't going to work. It just isn't. You can do it until you're blue in the face and it won't work, contrary to the claims of the mindless sheeple (or quite possibly shills/bots) that tell you "I made $5,000 on my blog this month about lefthanded pizza cutters, because I'm SO TOTALLY PASSIONATE about lefthanded pizza cutters!"

There are three other obvious signs that indicate that even you didn't swallow the Kool-Aid.

1) Your site title and "concept" is about How to Win the Powerball. You based it on a keyword search. You're not actually passionate about How to Win the Powerball...no one is. No one spends hours of time researching, planning, and developing ways to win at powerball lotteries for the simple reason that the balls are drawn at random. By your own admission, there is no magic formula for winning the powerball. If you were truly following the Wealthy Affiliate plan for Residual Income For The rest Of Your Life (TM), you'd at least be plugging some crappy affiliate-marketing $19.95 eBook written by Self-Anointed Expert #1,254,967. In other words, the program doesn't match the theme of the site.

2) The graphic featuring Donald Trump in the middle of the page (which appears to have been taken from this Pinterest graphic, which mistakenly identifies Trump as Bill Gates) says that corporations are the true pyramid scammers and that people should network market instead. Of course, the way to do that is to build affiliate websites and sell products from Amazon, Target, Walmart, and...wait, those are corporations! Your solution to not making corporations rich off of your effort is to make corporations rich off of your effort.

3) You don't supply any of the other sites that you've built on WA besides this one. If you're going to show off how awesome Wealthy Affiliate is and how it works, you should have shown something that works, and why it works.

This isn't to say affiliate marketing is a bad idea. If you have useful content and an original site idea, it can work for you. I use it. Just slapassing a WordPress blog isn't going to cut it, though. Low effort, low risk, no reward. High effort, high risk, potential for high reward. It's that simple.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When I reviewed your site, I found that there aren't enough content on your site. Images are also not clear.
    Publish some more relevant content on your site to get loyal readers on your site.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Revraptor2512 View Post
    Yes it is a Wordpress theme with a customer background. Not sure what is wrong with that, you have to build your website on something right?
    The reason a wordpress theme with a different background matters is because it looks like that website was thrown together in a few mins, if you want people to take your site seriously you need to put a bit of effort into the design as well as the content.
    TheGAME1264 and hiitsme like this.

Remove Ads